Not Durham v Notts

Well I would have been in the ground since 10 am..bit craic on with the two daft stewardson the gate....curse that The Trapdoor Stand is not open...be first into the Co Durham Lower...go for a lap of the ground calling in for DCCC members book and buy a scorecard...debate whether to go for a breakfast in The Sticky Wicket....watch The Magistrate putting his deckchair next to the sight screen...back to my seat...watch the teams playing football..laugh at the PA still not working properly..Durham batting first....catch up with the good folk I sit with...bit sunscreen on..sit back and relax.

One day we will return.
Stay safe lads and lasses.:cool:

Well I would have been in the ground since 10 am..bit craic on with the two daft stewardson the gate....curse that The Trapdoor Stand is not open...be first into the Co Durham Lower...go for a lap of the ground calling in for DCCC members book and buy a scorecard...debate whether to go for a breakfast in The Sticky Wicket....watch The Magistrate putting his deckchair next to the sight screen...back to my seat...watch the teams playing football..laugh at the PA still not working properly..Durham batting first....catch up with the good folk I sit with...bit sunscreen on..sit back and relax.

One day we will return.
Stay safe lads and lasses.:cool:
Top order fails again, 27/3 by midday.

Well at least this season it's only evens that we'll be batting first. Sods law that we get barmy weather in April when there's no cricket.
I was just thinking that myself as I was sitting bored in the garden this afternoon. The number of times I have been sat at the Riverside freezing in April watching cricket and we get s dry sunny early April and no cricket typical.

I was just thinking that myself as I was sitting bored in the garden this afternoon. The number of times I have been sat at the Riverside freezing in April watching cricket and we get s dry sunny early April and no cricket typical.

It was bloody freezing last June at home to Northants. Nathan Buck was fielding in front of us at Third Man and said "You lot must be f*****g mad sitting here watching this!":lol:

I ended up doing 6 laps of the ground during the lunch break and had to keep nipping to the bogs under the Co Durham Stand to stick my hands under the hot water taps!

How’s the second day going?
I presume there will be plenty of social distancing even for the ice cream van

Trapdoor open today - me and six others in it. lts all right in the sun but a stiff breeze coming in from the coast. I wouldnt want to be sitting in the Co Durham Upper Tier today mind :eek: Ice cream van doing a quiet trade and the bloke complaining about getting monkeys blood on protective gloves!

Durham 186 Notts 195-5. :D
* Note to any rozzers reading this- its all made up!!:lol:

Last edited:
The weather forecast is good so rain won’t save us
It’s a pity that Notts have built such a big first innings lead
The inability of Durham to knock over the Notts tail could prove costly
It will take a mighty fighting effort to dig in without losing wickets for Durham to build an innings to save the game.
The loss of early wickets could mean game over tomorrow 😩😩

Back