Northern Lights tonight

• Thread starter Icarebecauseyoudo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

might just try n spot them locally, maybe chemical beach in seaham like where i saw them last time, sick of driving up north like, costs a bastard fortune each time.

might just try n spot them locally, maybe chemical beach in seaham like where i saw them last time, sick of driving up north like, costs a bastard fortune each time.

Tell me about it, my motor does under 25 mpg. :mad:

Think I might just go and sit in the usual lay by with me flask and magazines. :oops: It looks like there may be occasional gaps in the cloud but nothing big enough to chase.

I'm in Norway and would have probably been a good chance to catch them but the weather this last 2 weeks has been f*cking pap.

I'm in Norway and would have probably been a good chance to catch them but the weather this last 2 weeks has been f*cking pap.

How much broken cloud do you actually get there in winter?

At least here the air seems churned up, and we get quite a lot of breaks, unless a low pressure system gets trapped

What part? 24 sat is showing clear skies around Oslo but maybe a bit south to catch the best of it.

Tell me about it, my motor does under 25 mpg. :mad:

Think I might just go and sit in the usual lay by with me flask and magazines. :oops: It looks like there may be occasional gaps in the cloud but nothing big enough to chase.

This place is getting worse by the day :lol:

I'm on the coast between Stavanger and Bergen, place called Haugesund. When the weather is clear the night sky is excellent with very little light pollution. We normally get similar weather to the NE England but just this last 2 weeks it has been absolute shite with very low cloud/mist and drizzle. Back to blighty next week though for a week.

I'm on the coast between Stavanger and Bergen, place called Haugesund. When the weather is clear the night sky is excellent with very little light pollution. We normally get similar weather to the NE England but just this last 2 weeks it has been absolute shite with very low cloud/mist and drizzle. Back to blighty next week though for a week.

Sounds great. Been up to the lofotens at all?

I know it, went there on my honeymoon. :eek: (Passing through on the way to the Hardangerfjord and Sognfjord). Spent a few days in Bergen at the end of the fortnight and the weather was seriously wet.

Sounds great. Been up to the lofotens at all?

I haven't, I only get sundays off from work and weather permitting I jump in the car and head off out into the mountains. So i'm limited to a 2 to 3 hour drive radius. Nicest place i've been to so far is Odda and the folgefonna glacier. I couldn't get close enough to the glacier due to heavy snow so I intend to head back up there in the spring.

Spent four hours sitting in the car on Blanchland Moor taking pictures of every gap in the cloud....then an hour driving round Northumberland. Cloud, cloud and more cloud. Apparently there were some fantastic aurora to be seen in northern Scotland...bot all here though. f***ing northern lights indeed. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back