Northampton Town - The Missing Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.

As with all these cases a saviour will step in, people will bitch and fight and the club will rumble on. If it was a business in the real world nobody would give a toss.

Hope they stay alive. One of our friends plays for them. He is a good lad. Got us our cup final tkts last year.

Football is splitting into two completely different worlds..the money in the premier league and then the rest

As with all these cases a saviour will step in, people will bitch and fight and the club will rumble on. If it was a business in the real world nobody would give a toss.
Public money missing here though. Looks like a rabbit is away, council shouldn't just hand over 10 million, it should be handed out in tranches, with each new payment dependant on work for the previous payment being completed and signed off.

I lived about four miles away from Sixfields for years. My sons very first football match was NTFC v Gillingham back in 2007, so they are kind of my second team. It's a shame that they might fold.

The company that owns them will just get liquidated and Charles Green will buy their assets and everyone will pretend it is the same club just like Rangers

How us other half live. We support the same, celebrate the goals the same and love our clubs the same.
However our existence always remains under threat.
Would be easy to quit and throw in the towel.

A mate of mine runs an independent supporters club coach for the Cobblers.
Every game including a JPT away trip on a Tuesday night to Hartlepool a few seasons back. Total respect from me........from experience following a lower league team is certainly not easy.

I live in Northampton & have a season ticket for the Cobblers its not looking good the WUP has been adjourned for 2 weeks while the pertion for administration by the council is to be heard next Friday so basically they need either the takeover to be completed by November 30th or enter administration before then to avoid being wound up by the court in 2 weeks

I live in Northampton & have a season ticket for the Cobblers its not looking good the WUP has been adjourned for 2 weeks while the pertion for administration by the council is to be heard next Friday so basically they need either the takeover to be completed by November 30th or enter administration before then to avoid being wound up by the court in 2 weeks
Pointless this, the council aren't going to get their money back. Surely better to keep them running as a going concern and recoup the stolen/missing money over time?

"David Cardoza contracted the East Stand project to Grossman, whose entry at Companies House shows he is a director of six companies and was a director of 24 which are now dissolved."

I've never got anywhere close to this sort of shit so it may not be possible, but is it likely that you just create new companies with yourself as the director and then assign a contract to each company and because they are separate, you're owed a salary at each one?

Pointless this, the council aren't going to get their money back. Surely better to keep them running as a going concern and recoup the stolen/missing money over time?

You would think so. Unless the council want to make an example of them.

Its a tricky one. Its not straight forward at all. I know the ex manager of Brackley town and he reports for the cobblers on the radio. There are rumours that Cardoza has lost the money as he entrusted the building work to a friend that has in essence vanished with it. Which is bringing about questions about due diligence etc and looks into how Cardoza spent the money. (Some people are even attempting to claim he is involved in embezzlement which is ludicrous)

It looks like he has been done over by a 'friend'. As a result it appeared he created a rumour about an Indian consortiums interest to drum up business which backfired and now the club are facing the very real possibility of being wound up. Staff arent being paid etc its all going sour. Strangely the club have never performed better and the fans remain loyal and unfazed! Loyal bunch.

I lived about four miles away from Sixfields for years. My sons very first football match was NTFC v Gillingham back in 2007, so they are kind of my second team. It's a shame that they might fold.
I lived in Wantage Road right next to their old ground in 1975/76. Great times. I'm fond of them too. Hope they get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back