North Yorkshire Coast

Best place for a few days away?

Nothing exciting, couple of hours walk, bit mooch about, few drinks.. pub band on an evening etc.

Robin Hood's Bay
Staithes
Whitby
Saltburn
Spent a wedding anniversary at the Shepherd's Purse B&B in Whitby, no idea if it's still running.
Bit quieter after dark than some of the alternatives and not injurious to health like the walks down to RHB and Staithes.

Best place for a few days away?

Nothing exciting, couple of hours walk, bit mooch about, few drinks.. pub band on an evening etc.

Robin Hood's Bay
Staithes
Whitby
Saltburn
Stopped in Staithes for a few days last year in an Air b'n'b. Couple of nice pubs and the bait was fantastic. Only downside was the near vertical road to get to the car park. Nearly f***ing killed me

There's plenty of lovely walks along that coastline. Whitby to RHB. Train to Egton and walk back via the Toll Road to Grosmont which part of the Coast to Coast walk.

Quick search and came up with

£20 for a guided walk of a few miles total 😂😂

I was in the company of 2 Yorkshire folk yesterday.

They weren’t rude but they’re very self-confident and blunt. Which is ok for a few hours but an entire county of them would be too much for me.
Aye, I tend to find they are desperate to tell you how success they are and how much money they have.

Back