North Korea

I hope I'm not in trouble quoting a Deleted member but I bought this book on this recommendation. Its brilliant and heartbreaking in equal measure.

One piece that really got to me was the tale of the lads who lured a hungry puppy into their courtyard at their house so they could drown it and then eat it. And they did so hidden from view so they didn’t have to share the meal.
It’s mental how politics or perhaps the political system was considered more important than the fate of the population.

It’s a brilliant book, highly recommended.
Reading in now, excellent stuff.

Don’t know why anyone would be willing to visit and fund such a disgusting country. We had our very own sports washing scandal on here with that ridiculous North Korean supporters branch. I truly feel for the NK population going through such atrocities.

Don’t know why anyone would be willing to visit and fund such a disgusting country. We had our very own sports washing scandal on here with that ridiculous North Korean supporters branch. I truly feel for the NK population going through such atrocities.
Eh? What's this about the North Korean supporters branch? :lol:

Don't see anything wrong with that personally. It's hardly sportswashing. Just a fan living there who wants to shout about the lads. Or a meringue?
Granted it’s not on the mags level but I doubt there’s many North Koreans able to watch our games. Seemed like a publicity stunt to me and got quite a positive reaction on here and Twitter iirc

Granted it’s not on the mags level but I doubt there’s many North Koreans able to watch our games. Seemed like a publicity stunt to me and got quite a positive reaction on here and Twitter iirc
Missed it at the time like. Imagine if our next shirts sponsor is Kim Jong Un, would be class imo.

I hope I'm not in trouble quoting a Deleted member but I bought this book on this recommendation. Its brilliant and heartbreaking in equal measure.

One piece that really got to me was the tale of the lads who lured a hungry puppy into their courtyard at their house so they could drown it and then eat it. And they did so hidden from view so they didn’t have to share the meal.
It’s mental how politics or perhaps the political system was considered more important than the fate of the population.

Just bought it.

I expect it will arrive around Xmas

Thankfully I don’t…unless I am that friend and can’t remember because of brain trauma from running through breeze blocks :lol:

That made me smile.

When I lived in the Northeast, on matchday we'd stand at the bus stop at Durham with another fan, who was hard as nails. Think Mungo from Blazing Saddles.
Turned out to be a top bloke, great crack and a MLF. But after a few pints, if you told him to headbutt a Panzer, he'd have done it. Repeatedly, and probably come off best

He worked fairly high up in the NHS IIRC

That made me smile.

When I lived in the Northeast, on matchday we'd stand at the bus stop at Durham with another fan, who was hard as nails. Think Mungo from Blazing Saddles.
Turned out to be a top bloke, great crack and a MLF. But after a few pints, if you told him to headbutt a Panzer, he'd have done it. Repeatedly, and probably come off best

:lol: :lol:

That made me smile.

Was it Chris Whitty?

Just ordered it off ebay for a few quid.

Back