North Tyneside - 45
Newcastle - 67
Northumberland - 30
Redcar & Cleveland - 16
Stockton - 25
Darlington 23
Gateshead - 84

U.K. wide is 35 apparently.

What a nonsense that businesses will now go bust in Durham because the Council asked for the strictest lockdown in the country when our average is barely above mean.

Absolutely abysmal. Am a Labour Party member but they have 100% lost my vote in council elections.

What a nonsense that businesses will now go bust in Durham because the Council asked for the strictest lockdown in the country when our average is barely above mean.

Absolutely abysmal. Am a Labour Party member but they have 100% lost my vote in council elections.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. The government's handling of this virus at the start was an absolute disgrace resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

The Conservative government will also be heavily involved in the decision making of tnese local lovkdowns. Its a joint approach. But no youre not voting Labour as a result. Mental.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry but that is absolutely ridiculous. The government's handling of this virus at the start was an absolute disgrace resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths.

The Conservative government will also be heavily involved in the decision making of tnese local lovkdowns. Its a joint approach. But no youre not voting Labour as a result. Mental.

Not mental. I 100% blame the Tories for the mess we are in and at the next general election will vote Labour. Durham Council are shite though and have repeatedly cocked up in recent years and this is the final straw - so will vote Lib Dem or most likely Green in council elections. The fact I think Durham Council are shite in no way absolves the Tories for the needless deaths and wanton devastation they caused.

if london are reported more cases than the north east... is it purely based on cases per 100000 that makes it a bad thing?... I think London will flare up again...

Are you for real or what?

If Durham was the only place that didn’t have restrictions, every fucker would pile into Durham’s pubs and spread it around.

I’m also a Labour member and saying they won’t get your vote because you are mildly inconvenienced by a minor lockdown is bordering on childish.

Not mental. I 100% blame the Tories for the mess we are in and at the next general election will vote Labour. Durham Council are shite though and have repeatedly cocked up in recent years and this is the final straw - so will vote Lib Dem or most likely Green in council elections. The fact I think Durham Council are shite in no way absolves the Tories for the needless deaths and wanton devastation they caused.
Fair enough mate. Tbf i did misread your message and took it as not voting them in the next general election.

Mind, these local lockdowns will I suspect and hope be a largely collaborative approach.

If Durham was the only place that didn’t have restrictions, every fucker would pile into Durham’s pubs and spread it around.

I’m also a Labour member and saying they won’t get your vote because you are mildly inconvenienced by a minor lockdown is bordering on childish.
And then surely the same argument exists for including Darlington, Teeside etc.

What’s the point of having area specific lockdowns if you proceed to include the entire region in it?

Durham council have been crap throughout this, they have done very little to help / support local businesses (and a lot of their actions have made business even harder).

What’s the point of having area specific lockdowns if you proceed to include the entire region in it?

Durham council have been crap throughout this, they have done very little to help / support local businesses (and a lot of their actions have made business even harder).

Durham Council getting the dogs abuse today on Facebook. People aren't buying into their decisions.
so why is county durham involved in these local restrictions but boro isn't?
Tees Valley councils declined it

That’s on Darlington to make that decision, but unless Durham wanted to deal with people from other local authority areas coming to Durham to meet with less restrictions, they had to apply them too.

Other areas might be willing to take a risk but I guarantee you, those with a grudge against the council (see the angry pit village social media soapbox mentalists) would be hammering DCC if deaths went up and they did nowt

I don’t know what is worse, the fact the council are peddling the line that people will come to pubs in Co Durham line, or that people are lapping it up.

By the way, this isn’t some conspiracy theory that there are alternative motives, I do genuinely believe the council are that stupid.

There is a thin justification to lockdown some areas on the outskirts of Sunderland/Gateshead authority boundaries if that is the reasoning they are going for. Even some of the areas on the coast where the cases are higher Perhaps even Durham city itself if you think people will travel for a night out.

However, I’m not willing to swallow that it acceptable or sensible to lockdown Middleton-in-Teesdale, a place with 0-2 cases in the last week and a full hours drive from anywhere with more than 3 cases in a week.

The council went against the voters wishes and did away with the district council's about 15 years ago. It was said all along that the county wouldn’t care about the Dales.This is just another occasion where they are being proven right.

Also you are missing the point describing it as a minor lockdown. It certainly isn’t as comprehensive as lockdown mk1 but it implements what a lot/most? people will see as the most difficult part - not allowing people to see their families.

if london are reported more cases than the north east... is it purely based on cases per 100000 that makes it a bad thing?... I think London will flare up again...

It won't they aren't piling in to get tested. No tests, no cases, they've worked it out.

They are going to finish the small/medium sized businesses in certain industries.

Last edited:

Back