Non League Football

Personally think he’s sound and to build a club from a local pub team to we’re they are now proves he’s doing something right .

Fair play to the bloke and good luck

Same here, like the bloke, and total respect for what he has achieved.

I think he probably knows now though, that the National League is probably as far as you can go as a part time outfit, even those that survive will probably go down next season. Think Dorking, Oxford, Wealdstone and Maidenhead the part timers. Reckon Marc White will be looking to go full time next time they play in the National League, unfortunately its the only way, though when it happens, a lot of the mystique , quirkiness and innocence will disappear from Dorking.

Last edited:

The job that Steve Watson's done at Darlington with a squad is bordering on a miracle mind. 25 points from the first 31 games of the season and pretty much already relegated to being safe with a game to go and 30 points from their last 14 games.

Be a big chunk of change for Watson to use in the Summer when Asante fucks off on top of whatever else they manage to raise in the boost the budget campaign in the Summer.

The job that Steve Watson's done at Darlington with a squad is bordering on a miracle mind. 25 points from the first 31 games of the season and pretty much already relegated to being safe with a game to go and 30 points from their last 14 games.

Be a big chunk of change for Watson to use in the Summer when Asante fucks off on top of whatever else they manage to raise in the boost the budget campaign in the Summer.

Blyth, on the other hand, seem to be plucking relegation from being comfortably safe.

Crook Town 0 Bishop Auckland 1.
Heaton Stannington 2 Shildon 1.

Bishop edging away towards the Northern League title.
They were second bottom when Chris Hardy took over in October 22

Last edited:
Crook Town 0 Bishop Auckland 1.
Heaton Stannington 2 Shildon 1.

Bishop edging away towards the Northern League title.
They were second bottom when Chris Hardy took over in October 22

I was at Crook. Was an awful game in truth and the pitch did neither team any favours but it's just a case of getting the results at this point of the season. Bishop can win it on Saturday if they better Shildon's result.
I see Tow Law got beat again last night :cry:

Only 1 down from NL1 this season and they're playing the bottom of the league team on Saturday.

Last edited:
Hebburn v Ashington for me tonight. Win for Hebburn will put them a point clear at the top with a game in hand on Stockton. Incredible run of form coinciding with Stockton hitting the buffers when they were looking like romping it.

Back