No live footy on tv 06/04/20

Harrogate mon ami. Dawdon lad originally and that scares them a bit down here - "MIning people in our fair town!" Been down in Yorkshire over 40 years now.
I am Yorkshire born, mother from Penshaw, hence my support for Sunderland. Although I live here I have always worked away until I retired and started doing consultancy work from home. Pretty well retired now though.

Morning marra :cool:

Morning mate :cool:
Good afternoon . Also to @Wakey ftm in Sussex @Dilligaf60 @thecloughywobble @Scorefrom a throw in @sismanhatton @Stevie Freestein II
Morning young man

Mornen Mr C
Just done the run out to get T’s IT stuff so she can do things a bit easier at home 👍
As you say, the rerds are fecked, we have pot holes that big that the RSPB have put signs on them 🙄
Avvegudden

I can’t look at or use the word furlough without my mind wandering to ploughing 😳 problies my mind.
Replied to ya email this morn btw
Afternoon squire

Morning Hanky, mornen HC, Dilli ( enjoy ya scratcher), all fellow grafters & those yet to rise & shine

At my office, then have to travel 20 miles with T to collect her new kit ( headphones etc) so that she can carry on with her endless NHS ( back office) work.

Due some rain this morn then brighter for the rest of the week, so my afternoons will be busy.

Avvegudden everyone
Aft'noon Wakey
The same here in BWH mate.
It rained briefly around 5am but has turned out glorious, albeit a bit breezy here on the coast.

I was supposed to finish at 10am but was asked to stay back for an extra couple of hours, and me being an obliging sort, I finished at noon.

Hope T got sorted with her kit 👍

Have a good & peaceful day, mate 👍
Morning Hank

Morning Dilly, Becs, Wakey, SFATI, Cloughiewobble, Echoman, Chorley, Musicman, Lonious Monk, Janey, Sismanhatton, AndyGray1985, VicCarlton, MK Mackem, Kingdom Bhoy, Kid Galahad, Chunky Lover53, Tipton Baggie, VHFC, eddtheduck, Bonzo, Snorbens, Storford, phunboy, johnap, glass slippers, annie228, St Joes Lad , Tunstall Birdman, Buster and all.

Just been out for a walk with the dog.
Working from home again all week.
Son’s 19th birthday today so having a few beers tonight.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe 👍
Aft'noon Spam
Have a canny day, mate 👍
Morning KB and all

work for me soon. have a good day everyone and stay safe

Morning mate

morning mate

morning mate

Morning mate

Morning mate

morning marra
Aft'noon VHFC
Have a canny day, mate 👍
Morning @Kingdom Bhoy , thanks for posting pal. Morning Hank & good morning all. I'll be in for 8am today as we got loads done yesterday so we'll be out before 9am on the road. Happy birthday to @Spam Javelin 's son,hope he has a nicer day as possible. Need to get a few things together so I'll just say,@Vauxie , @Horley Chorley , @Mainze , @Dilligaf60 , @Wakey ftm in Sussex , @Kid Galahad , @AndyGray1985 , @niknak_123 , @VHFC , @EchoMan , @becs #metoo....and the loads yet to post on this great thread,stay safe,stay in and have a nicer Monday as poss...Over & out till tonight...👍👍👍.
Aft'noon SFATI
I hope you're well & having a canny day, mate 👍
Aft'noon RVF
I hope you're well and are having a canny day, mate 👍
I've noticed more sackless fuckers than normal barreling through red lights, like. Fertile ground fer a serious RTA or possibly a nice spot of rurd radge to relieve the ennui.

Over the years, it's become a genteel tradition of mine to silently mock drivers of SUVs, Range Rurvers & such like who rarely venture further than the local supermarket but the potholes are so deep & crisp & uneven that it looks like they got the last laugh, ha, ha. Mind, given the likely deep, steep recession that lies ahead, potholes might be the least of our problems. Still, we'll deal with whatever comes our way. As Viv Richards used to say: play each ball on its merits & always keep your eye on the cherry!

Morning all. Sun's getting out a bit after a soggy start. Might see if I can fix the pressure washer, then wesh the sturns. If not, I'll use the hosepipe. If that's buggered, I might hev to resort to bladder power.

Anyone seen owt of @T_Bone? I think Sis mentioned this a few days ago. Hope he's OK.

Stay well. Enjoy the tranquillity....
Aft'noon Cloughy.
I asked about him on here last week, and a mod cryptically replied "He's having a lie down" :confused:
Mr Bone did mention to me, if I don't see him around, it'll be because he'll be banned 😕
If that's the case, I hope he's back sooner, rather than later 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Aft'noon Wakey
The same here in BWH mate.
It rained briefly around 5am but has turned out glorious, albeit a bit breezy here on the coast.

I was supposed to finish at 10am but was asked to stay back for an extra couple of hours, and me being an obliging sort, I finished at noon.

Hope T got sorted with her kit 👍

Have a good & peaceful day, mate 👍

Aft'noon Spam
Have a canny day, mate 👍

Aft'noon VHFC
Have a canny day, mate 👍

Aft'noon SFATI
I hope you're well & having a canny day, mate 👍

Aft'noon RVF
I hope you're well and are having a canny day, mate 👍

Aft'noon Cloughy.
I asked about him on here last week, and a mod cryptically replied "He's having a lie down" :confused:
Mr Bone did mention to me, if I don't see him around, it'll be because he'll be banned 😕
If that's the case, I hope he's back sooner, rather than later 👍
Aye, he's canny crack...

How was yer shift the day, HC?

Morning young man

Mornen Mr C
Just done the run out to get T’s IT stuff so she can do things a bit easier at home 👍
As you say, the rerds are fecked, we have pot holes that big that the RSPB have put signs on them 🙄
Avvegudden

I can’t look at or use the word furlough without my mind wandering to ploughing 😳 problies my mind.
Replied to ya email this morn btw
Cheers, marra. The word puts me in mind of hoss racing. Must be the likeness to furlong....

Morning all, Morning Hank, Morning Becs and Morning Cloughie.

Well thanks to my mates on here I am feeling a lot brighter - thank you all. I even went for a walk yesterday. Much to my shock and disgust not only was the village pub closed but the Burn Bridge Bordello and Bridge Club has been closed down by the local stipendiary magistrate. Apparently there was a fracas over the dispute in the final of the domino handicap on Saturday evening and it spilled out onto the lawns of the local Commonwealth Club and Institute. Several high-ranking councillors and a Deputy Lieutenant of North Yorkshire were taken into custody. I have been asked to take over the reins while this matter is brushed under the carpet and I am considering my options.

Pray tell cfg are you close to me - Harrogate?

Morning mate. Good to hear you are feeling brighter 👍

Why, good afternoon to you too, you fine piscine Dutchman with a penchant for a 20 year kip....
Morning all, Morning Hank, Morning Becs and Morning Cloughie.

Well thanks to my mates on here I am feeling a lot brighter - thank you all. I even went for a walk yesterday. Much to my shock and disgust not only was the village pub closed but the Burn Bridge Bordello and Bridge Club has been closed down by the local stipendiary magistrate. Apparently there was a fracas over the dispute in the final of the domino handicap on Saturday evening and it spilled out onto the lawns of the local Commonwealth Club and Institute. Several high-ranking councillors and a Deputy Lieutenant of North Yorkshire were taken into custody. I have been asked to take over the reins while this matter is brushed under the carpet and I am considering my options.

Pray tell cfg are you close to me - Harrogate?
Ha, ha, cracking bounce back, John, la. Ruddy champion, marra.

Last edited:
Good morning all from a bright and sunny N Yorkshire.

On my own today as memsahib on a course in readiness for Covid-19 cases (she is a nurse).
Got to sort out our holiday, hopefully can change booking to next year and just give this year up as a bad job, finalise order for ASDA delivery later this week. Don't appear to be many shortages down here and just using mini marts for top ups.

Mr Dilligaff, hope BOP maintenance went well, I did surveys and load-out of a National Oilwell BOP many years in Houston for a semi-sub being built in Korea, it was a beast. Used to enjoy doing load outs on land rigs from there as well, we used to go to rig up yard for testing, then knocking down for shipping. Some big lumps to lift and stow. Positioning jack ups could be fun as well in Gulf of Mexico. Stay safe out there.

Mr HC, keep up the good work, hope you are enjoying it. I love that statue of Andy Cap in BWH also the dockyard.

Keep safe and well everybody.
Aft'noon CFG
Thanks mate, I'm all done for today and am scoffing some of Ma Chorley's delicious homemade coffee & walnut cake 😋
The Andy Capp statue is outside the Harbour of Refuge pub (known as The Pot House, to us Poolies) and is 5ft tall.
I love the statue too.
Just a stones throw from there, on the wall of the Heugh Battery, is the commemorative tablet, marking the first British soldier to be killed, in the first world war (The Great War)

Enjoy your day mate 👍

Logon or register to see this image

Afternoon all, just back with Mrs S from visiting MiL’s grave as it’s her birthday, at least the sun was shining.

Just about to start chopping veg and the ham for this evening’s soup before more work meetings.

Have a good afternoon folks
Good on ya.
I went to my mam and dad's grave yesterday met up with my brother first time in three weeks I'd seen him plenty of social distancing.

Back