No fans allowed in till march next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i did. things change fast, everyone reports things differently and we never know how precise they're being with actual deaths, or even how accurate the tests are though so really it's impossible to tell.

OK. But despite this uncertainty you’re willing to risk it based on the reports that differ on the side of ‘Sweden got it right, so let’s just do it their way’. In spite of what you might have also read in this thread, from others, reporting that the Swedish Givt have admitted they got it wrong.

OK. Let’s take the early Trump approach. It’s a USA Democratic Party hoax. Let’s go back to the football.

What do you mean by that? You might be asymptomatic. I might be. You want to be infected or become seriously ill and possibly die? Or possibly transfer your virus to me?
Bag, in all respect, you need to research yourself into the breakdown, and real numbers of people in the UK who have died, you might understand why there are dissenters towards lockdown and the irreversible damage being done.
OK. But despite this uncertainty you’re willing to risk it based on the reports that differ on the side of ‘Sweden got it right, so let’s just do it their way’. In spite of what you might have also read in this thread, from others, reporting that the Swedish Givt have admitted they got it wrong.

OK. Let’s take the early Trump approach. It’s a USA Democratic Party hoax. Let’s go back to the football.
George, could you supply a link to your statement about the Swedish gov admitting they got it wrong, I've not seen that myself, thanks.

Last edited:
Bag, in all respect, you need to research yourself into the breakdown, and real numbers of people in the UK who have died, you might understand why there are dissenters towards lockdown and the irreversible damage being done.

George, could you supply a link to your statement about the Swedish gov admitting they got it wrong, I've not seen that myself, thanks.

Somebody else said that on this thread. I think I mentioned that it was someone else, but I do recall a tv report of that nature. My original response was to question whether the first confident assertion that the Swedish approach had worked was entirely accurate. Others posted the info that it was not. I’m simply now inviting a consideration of risk analysis - which appears to be basedon questionable facts.

Edit: plus :see above.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've provided information in an earlier thread on the numbers who have actually died as a result of this pandemic and as far as irreversible damage is concerned, most things can be undone or attenuated to different degrees other than death though we can all take steps to mitigate the risks involved to a great degree if we follow the rules and socially distance.

i'm not in a position of power so it doesn't really matter what i think does it? but feel free to continue rambling.

The Swedish government "got it wrong" in the sense that they made the same mistake as we did at the start of the crisis - dumping people into unprotected care homes to protect their health service.

That's has been the biggest cause if death in Sweden as here.

Apart from that, their approach has been a spectacular success - the virus followed the same trend there as everywhere else without destroying their society, their economy, trashing the life changes of a generation, removing the liberties of their people, and storing up deaths from other undiagnosed and untreated conditions.

The Swedish government "got it wrong" in the sense that they made the same mistake as we did at the start of the crisis - dumping people into unprotected care homes to protect their health service.

That's has been the biggest cause if death in Sweden as here.

Apart from that, their approach has been a spectacular success - the virus followed the same trend there as everywhere else without destroying their society, their economy, trashing the life changes of a generation, removing the liberties of their people, and storing up deaths from other undiagnosed and untreated conditions.

Again; despite being accused of ‘rambling’ and being asked for my ‘sources’ all I’m doing is questioning the veracity of what I’m reading here in exactly the same way that the veracity of people who disagree with your argument/point are being questioned by you and others.

I’d be willing to accept the accuracy and dependability of what you say - and what I believe it implies, except I’m more inclined to take the less risky path of believing what the acknowledged and appointed national expertise recommends. So I’ll continue to distance. I have that luxury. Others can make their own choice - within the law - but in a purely selfish way I truly, truly hope that those who believe that restrictions aren’t necessary are correct. Because if they aren’t it could place me, and others, in danger or at least encumbered by much longer term restriction than otherwise.

I’ll depart the thread now and leave it with the experts who are confident that they know better than those burdened with the weight of responsibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s rubbish for all sorts of reasons. Here are some statistics for you:
1870 motor accident deaths in uk in 2019
42,000 death certificates are include covid-19 ( might be an underestimate) so far this year
10 motor deaths in Sunderland
323 COVID-19 deaths in Sunderland

And car death isnt contagious

I've provided information in an earlier thread on the numbers who have actually died as a result of this pandemic and as far as irreversible damage is concerned, most things can be undone or attenuated to different degrees other than death though we can all take steps to mitigate the risks involved to a great degree if we follow the rules and socially distance.
Where did you get your data from concerning deaths, and could you copy it to me, thanks.
Somebody else said that on this thread. I think I mentioned that it was someone else, but I do recall a tv report of that nature. My original response was to question whether the first confident assertion that the Swedish approach had worked was entirely accurate. Others posted the info that it was not. I’m simply now inviting a consideration of risk analysis - which appears to be basedon questionable facts.

Edit: plus :see above.
My concern is, people put to much trust in the likes of Ferguson and his ilk, who have been spectacularly wrong on all their past estimations of deaths such as, swine and bird flu, BSE and such, coupled with believing, without enquiry, politicians, and the MSM when they quote statistics about Covid.
We live in dangerous times.
Here's an article from the FT, praising his stratergy, with a graph, including Sept, showing Sweden had the lowest deaths within the EU, from Sep 11th 2020, you're was June 2020, something not right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back