Nissan's car painting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then I think I can smell a nail-varnish type smell in the air. I live on Seaburn Dene and wonder whether this could be the smell of car painting at Nissan wafting over here. I have two questions for Nissan employees:

1. Is the paint used carried in an organic solvent or is it water-based?
2. If it is organic solvent, is it recovered from the atmosphere inside the painting zone at the factory?

Ta, Nissan Dudes!

And no, it isn't our lass painting her nails!

Nope. It is only a momentary smell of solvent that I get, then it is gone. Usually at night. Like a wisp has passed me which I smelled. It's not there for any length of time.

I'm not trying to worry you mate but this happened to a mate of mine. In time the smell signalled he was about to have an episode, he'd forget where he was, go into a kind of trance, or fit. Turned out he had a brain tumour. Now, I'm not saying you have this but if nobody else can smell it maybe you should have it checked out.

I'm not trying to worry you mate but this happened to a mate of mine. In time the smell signalled he was about to have an episode, he'd forget where he was, go into a kind of trance, or fit. Turned out he had a brain tumour. Now, I'm not saying you have this but if nobody else can smell it maybe you should have it checked out.

Bloody hell Nemo! I'll have to keep an eye on this. Thanks for the heads-up!

I know Marra!

More than likely it'll a genuine smell, it just rang a bell when you mentioned nail varnish. He said he also got a weird taste in his mouth. Another upside is the tumour wasn't malignant, he had it removed and is still around today. :)

Every now and then I think I can smell a nail-varnish type smell in the air. I live on Seaburn Dene and wonder whether this could be the smell of car painting at Nissan wafting over here. I have two questions for Nissan employees:

1. Is the paint used carried in an organic solvent or is it water-based?
2. If it is organic solvent, is it recovered from the atmosphere inside the painting zone at the factory?

Ta, Nissan Dudes!

And no, it isn't our lass painting her nails!

Are you diabetic mate, or have you noticed any symptoms of diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back