Nightingale hospitals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking that the other day. Remember when they were wanting Rolls Royce etc to make ventilators? Did that happen?!
Don’t remember rolls Royce being involved, thought it was McLaren but whoever it was someone made them!
And the thousands of volunteers along with the bringing people out of retirement.
My daughter in law was one of the volunteers, did shopping for elderly who were self isolating

Last edited:

Are these still a thing? Sure I read back in October that the Sunderland one was being opened again but heard nothing about it since. Stories in the news saying 90% ICU beds filled so must be near to opening them, or does this figure include those beds?

They have always been a massive white elephant

The Government spent millions buiding them, with no idea how they would be staffed and what the model of care would be. All the while thousands were dying in care homes

Huge cock up

Reason to pump millions of taxpayers money to prop up the people behind the XL and NEC, then other areas started questioning why they didn’t have a nightingale hospital so had to open more to make it seem normal.

yet more cushy contracts for their mates!

If only 10 years of Tory rule hadn't decimated the NHS, we'd have staff to actually run such places rather efficiently, whilst keeping the rest of the NHS running largely as normal.

Asking recently retirees to come back in as well as a properly staffed NHS would have been great. Whereas we still had to ask them to do it, but only to just-say survive our way through this mess, whilst causing all kinds of other horrible things to happen to non-covid related issues.

I can't understand why people vote Tory.
They have always been a massive white elephant

The Government spent millions buiding them, with no idea how they would be staffed and what the model of care would be. All the while thousands were dying in care homes

Huge cock up
Would it be churlish of me to suggest that they were getting the public used to the concept of throwing money at Covid, so that when they did it for their mates, people wouldn't flinch?

The home in my village on the top floor is being used as a covid recovery ward which I found a bit odd when we have these Nightingale hospitals which should be used for those purposes surely?

Reason to pump millions of taxpayers money to prop up the people behind the XL and NEC, then other areas started questioning why they didn’t have a nightingale hospital so had to open more to make it seem normal.

yet more cushy contracts for their mates!
There is some absolutely mental paranoid shit written on here mind!
f***ing hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back