Nicest pub accommodation in NE

For about 260 you can stay at the Black Swan including the 7 course meal. Amazing place and surely the best place in the north east (well it was voted best restaurant in the world)

The morrit/garage spa is similat cost.
Food bit too poncey for me but unbelievable quality.

On a serious note we’ve used these at Doncaster, Chesterfield n Corby n each one was class.

As furnished n clean as a £120 hotel easily.

Only issue is they only have 6 rooms or so. I think the plan is if theres space free make a hotel upstairs but they dont actively look for them.

Tan Hill - not the best digs but its an experience?
I wasn’t joking actually. They always have great buildings.

I’ve never stayed personally but wouldn’t be adverse.

Never really been a fan of hotels, bars can be bland. I think a good pub with decent food beats the best hotel every time, but quite often are let down by the rooms. Got loads of good options from your suggestions, cheers.

On a serious note we’ve used these at Doncaster, Chesterfield n Corby n each one was class.

As furnished n clean as a £120 hotel easily.

Only issue is they only have 6 rooms or so. I think the plan is if theres space free make a hotel upstairs but they dont actively look for them.
We stayed in the one in Peebles, it was very good.

Jackson’s hotel and spa. Shakey pulls the greatest pint of snakebite this side of Marley Potts.
Indeed he does, but I must put the recently refurbished at no cost spared Tram Car inn at Southwick-on-wear into the frame.

The morrit/garage spa is similat cost.
Food bit too poncey for me but unbelievable quality.
Ah but The Morrit is more of a hotel than a pub.

Our local, The Moorcock in Eggleston is about 40 miles from Sunderland . B+B is £40 .All the rooms were refurbed recently and are on par with 4 star hotels . There's a good range of generous evening meals . If they don't make you drool the barmaids will. I'll be in there tomorrow night, drooling .

Back