Niall Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dismissed it as hopeful bullshit, but the BBC is a step up from the Sun and the Express. I usually employ extreme cynicism as a defensive mechanism, but I can't deny my heart fluttered a bit when I saw it on the BBC...

But until I heart it from his own mouth, then I'm going to try and ignore it.

I dismissed it as hopeful bullshit, but the BBC is a step up from the Sun and the Express. I usually employ extreme cynicism as a defensive mechanism, but I can't deny my heart fluttered a bit when I saw it on the BBC...

Too many credible media sources are onto it now for it just to be bullshit. Hopefully it all goes through pretty quickly.

have u read the BBC article mate

actually, I think I know what you mean by this... and as expected some did burst a blood vessel :lol:

contrary to what some have said in previous posts on here (that Niall Quinn persuaded or sweet talked Short into taking over the club) I think it was the other way around.... Short saw him coming and did what he does business wise.... the past ten years throws up its own pattern.
I also believe that just like previous managers or those dismissed by the club under Short - the pay off is coupled with a clause preventing people from telling THE TRUTH ... IMO of course ;)

and my final observation of the evening is going further on this previous post... lets call this one a 'what if scenario' ...

now this may well turn out to be a chicken and the egg set of circumstances, but in light of me thinking it was Short who persuaded or sweet talked Quinn, rather than Quinn finding Short (see above) 'what if' it transpires that one of the current directors in one of Short's other companies (based in say Germany) was actually a director of a North East based company back in the 90's who were... buying up property and from what I can see distressed businesses? - how would that look?
Now it could well be that AFTER Short had taken over the club he found and employed this person... but on the other hand this director seems to have gone to certain lengths to hide his pre-2000 actions (so during the 90's) ... i'm sure its as legal and above board as any accountant presenting a so called set of figures, but 'what if this was prepared or orchestrated in advance'? - Let that sink in for a bit.... :neutral:

and my final observation of the evening is going further on this previous post... lets call this one a 'what if scenario' ...

now this may well turn out to be a chicken and the egg set of circumstances, but in light of me thinking it was Short who persuaded or sweet talked Quinn, rather than Quinn finding Short (see above) 'what if' it transpires that one of the current directors in one of Short's other companies (based in say Germany) was actually a director of a North East based company back in the 90's who were... buying up property and from what I can see distressed businesses? - how would that look?
Now it could well be that AFTER Short had taken over the club he found and employed this person... but on the other hand this director seems to have gone to certain lengths to hide his pre-2000 actions (so during the 90's) ... i'm sure its as legal and above board as any accountant presenting a so called set of figures, but 'what if this was prepared or orchestrated in advance'? - Let that sink in for a bit.... :neutral:

and there I was thinking caffeine was my migraine trigger...

As I understand it,Lone Star acquire distressed debt and make money undistressing it. Short acquiring us and drastically distressing us further seems not to be the tried and tested model.

Not really nonsense though is it? Short was defended for years on here & folk were crawling up his arse on pre season tours

The use of the logical fallacy "I bet the people I disagree with on this point are the same people I disagree with on this other point" is nonsense.

Net debt at July 2006 (the last Murray accounts) was £34.7m
July 2007 it was £52.6m
July 2008 - £71.2m
July 2009 (first Short year) - £45.8,m but this was after Short had capitalised £48.9m of internal debt. Of that £45,6m, £41.8m was external.

So good old Berb, the Sunderland fan, had us bollocks deep when money was money........Tore Andre Flo.......worra player

Surprised anyone out there still thinks the managers are to blame

Sweet Jeesas......we spent over £300m.....of which £50m+ on Fletcher, Rodwell, Johnson, N'Dong, PpoopDjobly has been flushed doon the bog....and Moyles? Fookin really?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back