NFL 2018

We'd have to have the games in a list to see if it means anything. Very rarely have close Packer losses been on Aaron Rodgers. How many of them were against winning teams (at the time)? It's such a weird stat.

Here's the list for 4th quarter comebacks, all the way down the list with just 13 wins. :eek:

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960) | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Between 2009-2014 the Packers must have led going into the 4th qtr or won about 75% of games to be fair.

We'd have to have the games in a list to see if it means anything. Very rarely have close Packer losses been on Aaron Rodgers. How many of them were against winning teams (at the time)? It's such a weird stat.

Between 2009-2014 the Packers must have led going into the 4th qtr or won about 75% of games to be fair.
I think it's a bit daft to say a win or loss is all on the QB but still found it a bit of a surprising stat and that the Packers would have been winning most going into the last quarter but so would the teams of the QB's at the top albeit I know they've played more games.

Most of the guys at the top would be able to say the same of their own teams, that for many of their games their teams will have been ahead in the 4th. Again, that’s not what the stat is about.

Link? The 1 point thing makes this a very specific stat, weird to be in that position so many times.

What about coming back from 17 points in the 4th qtr (1st time in Packers history) against the best defence in the NFL with an MCL sprain in week 1 of this season?

They talked about it on NFL this week 2 nights ago if you are interested

I think it's a bit daft to say a win or loss is all on the QB but still found it a bit of a surprising stat and that the Packers would have been winning most going into the last quarter but so would the teams of the QB's at the top albeit I know they've played more games.
surely a quaterback can only play if he has the protection he needs to pick his passes

best passer in the world throws for nothing if people are on top of him before he can release the ball

though the current crop of good QB's are far more mobile than their predecessors

surely a quaterback can only play if he has the protection he needs to pick his passes

best passer in the world throws for nothing if people are on top of him before he can release the ball

though the current crop of good QB's are far more mobile than their predecessors
That and they can't do nothing about the defence, doing some quick googling (no I don't have a life) and only two teams in the last 20 years have won the superbowl with a poor defensive ranking, Peyton Manning's Colts in 2006 and Eli Manning's Giants in 2011 (how on earth they won the Superbowl is a mystery) so there's more to wins than just the QB, nothing much they can do if the defence give up points constantly and can't get off the field.

For the record Brady's 5 superbowl wins had 2 number 1 ranked defenses and the other 3 were ranked in the top 10.

So far so good for the Cowboys, 13-0 up at half time against the free scoring Saints, long way to go though.

Well impressed by the Cowboys defence, even on the Saints TD drive it was only kept alive by a stupid roughing the punter penalty.

Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith have been everywhere, neautralised Kamara all game, awesome to watch.

Also funny to see Brees do that at the end of the game after the last few pages of discussion about Aaron Rodgers. :lol:

Well impressed by the Cowboys defence, even on the Saints TD drive it was only kept alive by a stupid roughing the punter penalty.

Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith have been everywhere, neautralised Kamara all game, awesome to watch.

Also funny to see Brees do that at the end of the game after the last few pages of discussion about Aaron Rodgers. :lol:

I've been trying to get some sleep for 90 minutes but couldn't stop watching, as you say outstanding by the Cowboys defence. Even when Prescott fumbled at the end I didn't fancy Brees to take them downfield and score a TD as he had never looked like doing it all night.

Gives the Saints a wake up call and my team the Cowboys are looking pretty good going into the business end of the season.

I've been trying to get some sleep for 90 minutes but couldn't stop watching, as you say outstanding by the Cowboys defence. Even when Prescott fumbled at the end I didn't fancy Brees to take them downfield and score a TD as he had never looked like doing it all night.

Gives the Saints a wake up call and my team the Cowboys are looking pretty good going into the business end of the season.

Must admit I really did think the Saints would win it after that fumble. But nice to have it proven that you can still win in the NFL with good defence and running the clock.

My only worry is the f***ing Bears might end up with a bye week if the Saints don't bounce back.

Must admit I really did think the Saints would win it after that fumble. But nice to have it proven that you can still win in the NFL with good defence and running the clock.

My only worry is the f***ing Bears might end up with a bye week if the Saints don't bounce back.

My how the tables have turned.....

Good to see the Saints looking beatable but we still have to play the Rams, Vikes and of course yourselves.

He didn’t do it 37 times

Cowboys have done this before, Garrett gets them up for the big ticket games but they can’t be arsed for the less glamorous but just as important midtable arm wrestles. If they make it to the playoffs mind I think they’ll go far for the same reason.

Back