Newcastle FC

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am reasoned and will say it exactly as it is about how rotten Newcastle is now. It had me rattled no doubt but I've seen Newcastle win 5 in a row still and I'm in my early 30s and Sunderland have never had a spell in better position than Newcastle. Even when we were in the championship we were at the top of it and you were a few places above at the bottom of the pl. Newcastle have been title challengers and in Europe while Sunderland were in the bottom 3 or second division

:lol:

Dear me, even by Mag standards that's f***ing ridiculous .......

Also like it or not Newcastle were in the same position as Spurs if not better In the mid 00s. We had higher turnover, 16,000 higher gates, a better premier league record, more regularly in Europe than Spurs by a mile at that point. I can't remember spurs in Europe much from 92-2005.

Just then they had ambition and a policy of signing the best young talent around like bale and modric whilst a year later we got sold to Ashley and we both went on different trajectories since. But that's all in the past and we are lightyears behind now but at least we have been up there
92er alert.

Not bitter that's just the reality of it. If Sunderland had a bad owner I would like him. If Sunderland had a manager i rated i wouldn't want him there. Prettt simple. If Ashley was a good owner who has us in the top 4 I guarantee he would be getting dogs abuse on here

Ashley is a very good owner. He's keeping the club stable and in the main a mid table club in the PL. We could only dream of that.

I think a change of ownership can only be bad for you (yes it could be very good but unlikely).

Benitez? Decent lower half PL manager but past it now.

Nonsense.

The team has good players who are more than capable of staying up, please don’t tell me that last years 10th place had nothing to do with them and was all down to the manager ? It’s insulting to some good professionals.
The players who you state and refer to as minging by the way, who signed them ?

Benitez to get out the championship where Ashley's stupidity and lack of giving a fuck put us yet again. As I've said 93-2007 Newcastle never looked like going down once and weren't in relegation battles. Ashley comes and in 11 years we have gone down twice and nearly went down another 2 times. The evidence is clear and obvious

92er alert.

I am. I was 6 in 92 so make no apology that's when I started supporting Newcastle. From 7 year old until 21 Newcastle were always a premier league team and usually a pretty good one so that's why my oppionion and view of them is how it is. If I was in my 40s and grew up through the 80s then yeah I'm sure my view on Newcastle wouldn't be as rose tinted as it is

They must have finished 6th when we finished 7th .... how did I miss that :lol:

You've had a handful of seasons slightly better than us. We have had plenty were there has been massive and clear daylight between us is what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back