Newcastle FC (june/july2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the thing. The best either of us could hope for at present is mid-table mediocrity (a world away for us at present I know). Rafa performed perfectly well in his remit to achieve that - I for one think he is a good manager. Mike Ashley to my mind has actually given him the platform with which to accomplish this also. So what is the point? To me, if you can remain reasonably comfortable in the top division, sign the odd decent player, put a few results together, you might actually come within grasp of achieving something in the cups. We went close in 2014. Ok it was only the League Cup and not the FA Cup, but if we had come away with that trophy I honestly think I could have died a happy Sunderland supporter. So my question to you is, after a couple of reasonably comfortable finishes in the Premier League, where was Rafa's ambition in those cup competitions?

I'm not entirely sure what more Newcastle fans expect to achieve in the current climate, but I don't think a cup run would have been too far fetched an idea. And I'm sorry like, but Mike Ashley is not the one to blame for you not having one.

I agree with you on managers not prioritising the cups, something I can never grasp. No it is not Ashleys fault entirely for this. However Rafa is not the first and wont be the last manager to play the kids in these cups, if you are the manager of Chelsea or Man U your squad is usually a little thicker with better players on the peripherals, clubs like Newcastle have a starting 11 and maybe a couple of good players sitting on the bench, but our squad depth is shyte (please no one say "its Shite") as is most of us lower Premier league clubs. So when you are in a relegation battle, as a Manager do you want to risk your stars getting over tiered (something I also disagree with) or injured, playing Bury on a cold December in a early round league cup game? As a fan I do, but Managers don't.
So with a little investment if we were not annual relegation fodder, our Manager might just risk a cup game. So that is where I put some blame onto Ashley, Ultimately though it's the Manager who picks the team.

:lol::lol:
A new limerick thread should be started and all of these put in. Some absolute gerld on here
There's no point starting another limerick thread as the mods will merge the posts like they did yesterday.
Agreed there are some brilliant limericks kicking about in here. The limerick thread I started yesterday had loads of funny limericks, but the mods decided to lump them in here instead.

There's no point starting another limerick thread as the mods will merge the posts like they did yesterday.
Agreed there are some brilliant limericks kicking about in here. The limerick thread I started yesterday had loads of funny limericks, but the mods decided to lump them in here instead.
Shame, tbh IMO there should have been 3 separate threads.
Rafa officially leaving, general mag one, then Limericks for comedy value

You know what net spend really means? It means you constantly spend more on players than you claw back in sales. Our net spend under Short was something like £240m. Much good it did us. What Ashley does is refuse to spend stupid money on 30 years olds who go on a free 2 or 3 years later. Huge net spend to improve league position is the economics of the madhouse. Every one place improvement in League position brings in a extra £2m in PL money. That's £10m for 5 places, but you want Ashley to spend £100m+ doing it. Irrational. The ideal net spend is zero and to maintain you desired league position with it.

If you have a net spend of £100m every year, that means that over 10 years, £1bn has to be found from somewhere. Here's a hint - selling out a ground won't do it.

This.

It amazes me that people can’t understand.

You saying all Newcastle fans automatically includes me in that group seeing as I am a Newcastle fan.

Again, where did I say it? If you’re saying all Newcastle fans.

Bit weird to call me thicker than a castle wall when you seem to lack even the simplest grasp of the English language tbf.
Yeah, there is polls on social media, it’s been on the radio and you will have said something along those lines somewhere. Unlike you I don’t spend my whole day on this forum, I couldn’t think of anything more boring than looking through your posts just to prove a point. You fall into the you all part because you’re just another deluded mag.

It’s abit ironic that someone from Newcastle is saying I’m not able to grasp the English language though :lol:

trouble is you could qualify for the Europa League then twist like fuck about having to go to Albania in July and field the reserves, then get knocked out by a French team in the first round, the Premier League is shite tbh and it really wouldn't bother me if we didn't get back
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aint that the truth :lol: NUFC V Azabackisistan (located in the middle of nowhere with zero transport links) :lol::lol:

I think they missed the last couple of seasons and vowed not to go back while Ashley was there.

'Coincidentally' the rumours of a takeover came around when the Season Tickets came out.
That's a coincidence that occurs every season ticket renewal or transfer window opens. And they get so excited every time :lol:

Shame, tbh IMO there should have been 3 separate threads.
Rafa officially leaving, general mag one, then Limericks for comedy value
Just for the hell of it we could have posted some music, dedicated to yesterday's tragic news of Rafa leaving the Toon.

To all managers of Newcastle, past, present and future, I dedicate this tune.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aint that the truth :lol: NUFC V Azabackisistan (located in the middle of nowhere with zero transport links) :lol::lol:

happens every year - which makes the policy of fielding shit teams in the domestic cup competitions all the more baffling, it's the only real chance 90% of clubs have of winning anything. Even then you have to pray City don't make it and do what they did to Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back