Newcastle FC (june/july2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what i would be worried about is who wants the headache of buying you. I mean there are death threats, 6 blokes protesting outside a house 300miles away which might not even be owned by him.
It's a thankless task and was made a thankless task as soon as Keegan walked out.
All the good that was happening after Keegan walked out under Ashley was accepted tentatively and any slip up in that good time became a revert to type process, with the " Ashley's a proven liar in court" mindset...and all the rest of whatever can be thought up out of badness.

No one person is bigger than any club, yet certain sections of Newcastle fans seemed to want to make Rafa bigger than the club to the point that even Rafa must've started to believe in it...and maybe thought he was able to call his own shots.
This is what I like about Ashley.
As much as he gets a lot wrong and is stubborn at times when he shouldn't be, he does stand his ground and will not be bullied.

Not too many decades ago we were ripe for picking by the bigger clubs who generally stole our better players for peanuts.
That doesn't happen now. They pay a high price if we have to lose a player.
I'd sooner keep Ashley as an owner than take a chance on a potential blank cheque type owner that could possibly turn out to be a short term chancer and a real long term club destroyer, literally.

I don't want a plastic club, which is what we'll be if a Sheikh of Mansour's capabilities takes over. It just makes way for sickeningly paid mercenaries and massive over expectation from fans which will create all kinds of trouble when those expectations are not realised with regularity.

Did I mention I rabbit on? :lol:
I can't help it, I just like to get things off my chest.

It's a thankless task and was made a thankless task as soon as Keegan walked out.
All the good that was happening after Keegan walked out under Ashley was accepted tentatively and any slip up in that good time became a revert to type process, with the " Ashley's a proven liar in court" mindset...and all the rest of whatever can be thought up out of badness.

No one person is bigger than any club, yet certain sections of Newcastle fans seemed to want to make Rafa bigger than the club to the point that even Rafa must've started to believe in it...and maybe thought he was able to call his own shots.
As much as he gets a lot wrong and is stubborn at times when he shouldn't be, he does stand his ground and will not be bullied.

Not too many decades ago we were ripe for picking by the bigger clubs who generally stole our better players for peanuts.
I'd sooner keep Ashley as an owner than take a chance on a potential blank cheque type owner that could possibly turn out to be a short term chancer and a real long term club destroyer, literally.

I don't want a plastic club, which is what we'll be if a Sheikh of Mansour's capabilities takes over. It just makes way for sickeningly paid mercenaries and massive over expectation from fans which will create all kinds of trouble when those expectations are not realised with regularity.

I’d be careful with those views mate.

You’ll have grown men standing outside your house shouting at it.

The amount of cheesy, inbred, cock sucking mackems commenting on #nufc matters is the saddest thing I've seen all day. f***ing worthless *****, stick to league 1 matters and Netflix series. You daft *****. Thank you for this Mike Ashley you f***ing PARASITE
Toons army, toons army, toons army. Doesn’t sound right somehow. Maybe put it alongside the “shoes off if you love the toons” . Btw is the IFRAFAGOESWEGO still happening?

Prepare for trouble, inbound :eek: :lol:

Keegan wasn’t all that imho. Yes, I admit he had you playing entertaining football but where he slipped up was in selling Cole to a rival for the title. I could understand selling him to a continental club but not a rival when you were in pole position to win the league

Keegan wasn’t all that imho. Yes, I admit he had you playing entertaining football but where he slipped up was in selling Cole to a rival for the title. I could understand selling him to a continental club but not a rival when you were in pole position to win the league

Was a different season to be fair.

Cole was in very poor goalscoring form when sold, IMMSMC.

The Guardian really putting the boot in to their prurtests. 'Few protests encapsulate this half-heartedness as accurately as the utterly empty gesture that is the pre match 'March', in which fans are called upon to mobilise outside a pub many of them were almost certain to be drinking in anyway, before walking a couple of hundred yards in a slightly emboldened manner to a game they had always planned to attend' :lol: They also mention the utterly futile 11th minute walk in against West Ham hoping it would bring them Global attention :oops: 'one can't help but feel that it was no coincidence it meant those protesting wouldn't miss much of the match' :lol:

Last edited:
"Dear nufc fans,

thank you for three exciting and challenging years at the club.

I would like you to know it was far, far, far, far too late for me to save a team that only ten games left, 80 m spent on players during this season and with the giant catch up of a single point needed and tough foes like safc, norwich, aston villa, swansea, palace to play this was never a realistic task.

The passion of the supporters during the 5-1 win v Spurs, and the 6m a year wage really pulled on my heartstrings and convinced me to stay.

Having only 60M to spend on new players to add to an already premier standard squad was tricky, when our next rivals had spent 4.5m on theirs at Huddersfield, but i was pleased with did it.

Mr Ashley then refused to sanction 100M warchests, despite my perfect record of transfer buys who all contributed to the team, and it was a miracle the team finished 10th and 13th- some critics said it was because the players we had were actually quite good, but i can reassure you it was all purely down to me.

With Ashley not sharing my vision like the chinese clubs do all i could do was go.

Love you toons

Rafa"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back