Newcastle Airport - the future

Big Jeff

Winger
Only 2 arrivals slated for today and only 2 departures - a BA flight is leaving now 13.15.

Could Newcastle cease to be a proper international airport and just be a regional one?

Easyjet have already left.

Only 2 arrivals slated for today and only 2 departures - a BA flight is leaving now 13.15.

Could Newcastle cease to be a proper international airport and just be a regional one?

I doubt it. Even if the 'new normal' is different, I still think it will be catering to large numbers of people going on holiday. It is / was a bit of a poor excuse for an international airport anyway. Choice of destinations has always been a bit crap.

easyjet will be back when things get back to normal and there's a profit to be made.
The destinations suit what the locals fancy doing. Benidorm, Bulgaria, Bodrum etc. Crap package holiday places.
i thought you were a 'local' now?

Newcastle charge extortionate landing fees given not many people come here as tourists and it’s normally business or returning holiday folk.

That’s why easyJet have left and once the travel industry starts recouping the losses of the pandemic, I expect Jet2 will also up-sticks. After all, their hub is only a couple of hours away at Leeds Bradford.

At that point NCL will either cease to be an airport of any significance or will reduce their landing fees and the airlines will come back.

Back