New Wear Bridge tender down to 2 bidders

Status
Not open for further replies.

not only have you got the position wrong, but also the wrong gender.

The mag in question was Florence Anderson, who was briefly deputy leader.
Nah.

It was during the debate about her and her comments that someone on here claimed that he was also a mag but that he was more discrete about it [i.e. not spouting bile on facebook].

They might have been talking about the chief executive rather than the council leader and I've misremembered and - of course - they might have been wrong/bullshitting, but I don't remember other posters contradicting him at the time.

With companies backing out it does tend to point to a major sticking point not 'normal' to contracts. Yes companies put bids in just to test the water...then Balfour beatty pulled out alarm bells went off! My dad was heavily involved with this sort of thing...he told me many times that the builders used to have to come to agreements with individuals (councillors), some paid up and mostly established firms told the greedy gits to fuck off and see if the others with pay you off!' There always seems to be another company willing to pay the price though...:-(

Another 'bridge expert' on look north tonight.

Suggesting the structure is too complicated. Are these fuckers for real.

What's too f***ing hard about building a little road with two towers either side, no wonder this country is fucked with defeatist arseholes like this lot.

Need to get that company who built that island out at sea to build the airport on ,in japan i think it was .Bet they could build our bridge nee bother ,there are miles bigger engineering projects been completed than what our bridge is going to be .

Nah.

It was during the debate about her and her comments that someone on here claimed that he was also a mag but that he was more discrete about it [i.e. not spouting bile on facebook].

They might have been talking about the chief executive rather than the council leader and I've misremembered and - of course - they might have been wrong/bullshitting, but I don't remember other posters contradicting him at the time.

the chief exec is from Manchester way, so unlikely to be a mag

They've pulled out because the conditions of contract are too risky for a project that's never been done before

It's down to one bidder now anarl

Where's it say its down to one bidder like mate?

If it is, is that even allowed under best value procurement etc? This really isn't gonna happen is it.

Nah.

It's one of Wrongo's favorite 'facts' and he's said it so often it usually goes unchallenged.

Another 'bridge expert' on look north tonight.

Suggesting the structure is too complicated. Are these fuckers for real.

What's too f***ing hard about building a little road with two towers either side, no wonder this country is fucked with defeatist arseholes like this lot.

Pretty sure it's do-able.

Eveyone is scared that they won't get payed enough. Risk v reward (or loss)

Just get Sunderland City Council model department to make it but on a much larger scale, they've already made the model, so yes of course it can be dine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back