New Songs

Serious question here.

What is it with and our complete lack of new songs.
If its not Red & White Army.
It's anti-Mag songs.

Our current reportire is poor.

The old Darren Bent is fast as lightening song fits in perfectly with Jack Clarke.

But no doubt no song will be sang.

Very poor
Said this for a long time, we need to resurrect old songs that fit with current players. some easy examples:

Callum Doyle- Danny Collins (Brazil)
Nathan Broadhead- Fraizer Campbell (will always score goals)

When you scooorree you make the Sund'land sing.
Roberts on the wing..
Patrick Roberts on the wing.

Every tiiiiime youuuu're on-the-ball-we-know..
There's gonna be a goal...
It's our man Jermain Defoeee!

Repeat...

Serious question here.

It's anti-Mag songs.

The old Darren Bent is fast as lightening song fits in perfectly with Jack Clarke.

Very poor
I genuinely think it's because we've stagnated in League One and there's a lack of energy. One promotion will be all that it takes for it to get going again. Would be buzzing for Saturday, but unless Defoe signs before then I can't imagine the atmosphere being like it used to when we brought 5k away from home. You've got 17/18 year old bairns that try to get things going, but go on like knackers and piss everyone off with their awful craic/ sing songs too fast. I feel like the away games this season have had a better atmosphere when we've had a smaller allocation. Going back to the original point of the post, there's been a few attempts but nothing seems gets going for whatever reason.

Dangermows retired
This. Our song book was one of the best about... Since DM stopped creating chants we've had next to nout properly take off
Said this for a long time, we need to resurrect old songs that fit with current players. some easy examples:

Callum Doyle- Danny Collins (Brazil)
Nathan Broadhead- Fraizer Campbell (will always score goals)
This could be a shout or we could keep those songs for the previous players and still sing them, alongside new ones to new tunes for our current crop (basically what United do)

Last edited:
I genuinely think it's because we've stagnated in League One and there's a lack of energy. One promotion will be all that it takes for it to get going again. Would be buzzing for Saturday, but unless Defoe signs before then I can't imagine the atmosphere being like it used to when we brought 5k away from home. You've got 17/18 year old bairns that try to get things going, but go on like knackers and piss everyone off with their awful craic/ sing songs too fast. I feel like the away games this season have had a better atmosphere when we've had a smaller allocation. Going back to the original point of the post, there's been a few attempts but nothing seems gets going for whatever reason.

Lack of momentum? Every time we get in the top 2 or top of the league we drop our arse’s! Need a sustained run at the top to get momentum and a lasting feel good factor back.

Some of the now (classics) which were originals under Reid and Keane’s days stated and kept going on a crest of a wave.

Last edited:
It used to be quite simple. The whole of Roker would belt out “There’s only one Gary Rowell.” Do that for Ross Stewart. Doesn’t need to be convoluted shite.

Serious question here.

It's anti-Mag songs.

Very poor
If anyone does anything different they're classed as 'cringeworthy'.

Sunderland will be in the First Division

Scoring goals in every game we play

Sunderland will be in the First Division

It'll be red and white all the way

Well most of it turned out to be correct!

Like in life generally, you can always just not post and fuck off though.

I dont liken this place to life in general though mate, the pretend world of message boards and social media is massively different to life its self. On social media you can "speak to people" and then ignore them in person.

However going back to the topic in hand........

Something, something.... Newcastle

(*insert name of this week's most hated player) is a useless tw@t
and we wish he would f@ck off and die just like (insert name of most recently tansferred player)

We are the greatest fans and you can't faut us or we'll cry and shout.

.. There's a Roosse loose about this hoose ..
.. Lockness Drogba, Lockness Drogba La La La La La La La! ..
.. Lockness Drogba, Lockness Drogba La La La La La La La! ..

.. On a repeat cycle ..

I'm only 26 myself so I feel a bit daft criticising 'youngens', but in the south stand this season I've noticed a trend of younger fans who congregate in the centre of the south stand, on the concourse etc ripping songs off other clubs, but with no context. E.g. That awful 'Charlie Wyke is a sex offender' chant, and 'we've got the ball' against Lincoln hate to say it but when the mags sang it about Ronaldo at least it made some sense, it's like they see something on Twitter or Youtube and decide they'll sing that rather than songs getting going in pubs, away buses etc.

Back