New PL FFP rules

Normal business rules don't fully apply to football clubs, every club will have agreed to join the EPL on the understanding that they will comply with the rules and regulations of that competition and comply with the set rules regarding all clubs being allowed to vote for rule changes etc.

I didn't here Newcastle United's owners or their fans pissing and moaning about the recent proposal regarding loans from the Saudi League, obviously because that vote went in Newcastle's favour funny that isn't it. 1955 🤣

Last edited:

Normal business rules don't fully apply to football clubs, every club will have agreed to join the EPL on the understanding that they will comply with the rules and regulations of that competition and comply with the set rules regarding all clubs being allowed to vote for rule changes etc.

I didn't here Newcastle United's owners or their fans pissing and moaning about the recent proposal regarding loans from the Saudi League, obviously because that vote went in Newcastle's favour funny that isn't it. 1955 🤣

What a set of absolute self entitled wankers they are. “Treating us like an Everton or Brentford” - translates into “our blood money makes us a better class than others”.

Football fans used to love football - now they are more obsessed with lawyers and FFP. Rotten bastards.

What a set of absolute self entitled wankers they are. “Treating us like an Everton or Brentford” - translates into “our blood money makes us a better class than others”.

Football fans used to love football - now they are more obsessed with lawyers and FFP. Rotten bastards.

They are indeed absolute entitled wankers mate, trying to belittle Everton who are traditionally one of the biggest and most historical clubs in the country a member of the original big 5 where were Newcastle United in that reckoning then, Everton are obviously going through hard times at this moment in time but that's what being run poorly for an extended period of time can result in, Spurs have gone through that as have Sunderland.

Last edited:
They have to think of a solution to parachute payments, its such an unfair advantage to clubs coming down, they have practically 2 seasons to really give it a go before they have to restraint their finances like the rest of the division.

Wrong, the PL aren’t and never have been exempt from competition Law.

Wrong, the PL aren’t and never have been exempt from competition Law.
Try reading my post again "Normal business rules don't fully apply to football clubs" what part of that can you not understand :rolleyes: every club has to adhere to the rules and regulations that are set in place that apply to every single club or they risk being expelled from the league, rule changes have to be voted on by the clubs themselves.

Unfortunately for you the likes of Newcastle United and Manchester City can't just make up their own set of rules because they don't like the ones that are set in place for all 20 clubs in the Premier League.

1955 :lol:

They are indeed absolute entitled wankers mate, trying to belittle Everton who are traditionally one of the biggest and most historical clubs in the country a member of the original big 5 where were Newcastle United in that reckoning then, Everton are obviously going through hard times at this moment in time but that's what being run poorly for an extended period of time can result in, Spurs have gone through that as have Sunderland.
Everton absolutely piss all over Newcastle as a football club. :lol:

Try reading my post again "Normal business rules don't fully apply to football clubs" what part of that can you not understand :rolleyes: every club has to adhere to the rules and regulations that are set in place that apply to every single club or they risk being expelled from the league, rule changes have to be voted on by the clubs themselves.

Unfortunately for you the likes of Newcastle United and Manchester City can't just make up their own set of rules because they don't like the ones that are set in place for all 20 clubs in the Premier League.

It depends what you mean by “normal business rules do not fully apply to football clubs”. If you are suggesting that this means that rules the Premier League clubs put in place are not ultimately subject to the Competition Act and the Enterprise Act, and rules that would otherwise constitute unlawful provisions under those Acts are somehow exempt because they are football clubs then that is indeed nonsense. Whether these new rules might be considered unlawful is way beyond my knowledge, but they are certainly subject to the law.

It depends what you mean by “normal business rules do not fully apply to football clubs”. If you are suggesting that this means that rules the Premier League clubs put in place are not ultimately subject to the Competition Act and the Enterprise Act, and rules that would otherwise constitute unlawful provisions under those Acts are somehow exempt because they are football clubs then that is indeed nonsense. Whether these new rules might be considered unlawful is way beyond my knowledge, but they are certainly subject to the law.
I think he was referring more to the usual practice of running a business with a reasonable degree of sanity and the aim of making a profit.

They do, I suggest you listen to Blackstone Chambers Podcast on Sport and Competition Law.

Last edited:
They have to think of a solution to parachute payments, its such an unfair advantage to clubs coming down, they have practically 2 seasons to really give it a go before they have to restraint their finances like the rest of the division.
Sunderland's kamikaze dive through the the championship and out the otherside, shows the parachute payments aren't automatically a silver bullet

Sunderland's kamikaze dive through the the championship and out the otherside, shows the parachute payments aren't automatically a silver bullet
Indeed. It always helps but this year is unusual in that it looks quite possible that all three relegated sides will go straight back up, although one will need the play-offs. And not only that but they might even replace all three promoted sides from last year. The thing is, this is actually quite unusual. One or two, possibly, but at least one usually struggles. And the 3 for 3 swap has never happened before although those of us of a certain age on here won’t need reminding of the time it most nearly did.

Back