New Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

All the money in the US for them. not gone down well with fans, one UK gig in the O2 which is supposedly awful.

Reading between the lines in Hookys book, both Bernard and Hooky were right twattos.

Never been to the 02 but large venues generally not a good experience.

last saw them at castlefield bowl a couple of years ago and Brixton academy before that which are spot on venues

A poor effort them doing so many overseas gigs and relatively few uk ones........

Saw them twice.

Hyde Park in 2005 supported by Moby. They were ok, pissed down with rain, Moby great.

Newcastle Carling Acadamy 2006. They were better but sound was shite.

hooky still in band at these gigs.

Saw them twice.

Hyde Park in 2005 supported by Moby. They were ok, pissed down with rain, Moby great.

Newcastle Carling Acadamy 2006. They were better but sound was shite.

hooky still in band at these gigs.
I saw them in Munich last year, Turin and Granada studios before that (yeah look at me) and each time they were utterly outstanding with no Hooky. Each time the sound and the show were amazing. First saw them in 86 at the Mayfair - they get better (live) with age.

Last edited:
I saw them in Munich last year, Turin and Granada studios before that (yeah look at me) and each time they were utterly outstanding with no Hooky. Each time the sound and the show were amazing. First saw them in 86 at the Mayfair - they get better (live) with age.

was the Turin gig the Decades show ? That would have been superb if so. I saw the documentary which was superb.
I’ve only seen them in shit venues unfortunately!

Anyone read the “how not to run a nightclub” book by Hook? Very good. Was just before my time, Madchester and the summer of love. Would have been great to experience it. I caught the very tail end, late 90s, very early 00s. Although that’s probs more “britpop” era.

was the Turin gig the Decades show ? That would have been superb if so. I saw the documentary which was superb.
I’ve only seen them in shit venues unfortunately!
Yes - I saw that in Manchester Granada studios and Turin. Both proof that you can be past your 50th birthday and still see the best gig ever.

This will be worth watching tonight (17/4) at 7:30pm UK time. Chance to see them play some of their lesser played songs if the live album of the 5 day event is anything to go by.

that’s the show that @10 Gary Rowells and I talked about above. He was lucky enough to attend.

Anyone read the “how not to run a nightclub” book by Hook? Very good. Was just before my time, Madchester and the summer of love. Would have been great to experience it. I caught the very tail end, late 90s, very early 00s. Although that’s probs more “britpop” era.
Yes, good book. I was a student in manchester 85-88 and would go to the hacienda then, when it was more of an indie venue. I never really got into the house and dance scene that followed, which was much more of a business success for factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back