New oled telly for the world cup

Baconballs

Midfield
Are they worth the extra dosh?... And now to confuse me even more...wtf is a Qled telly ?.... Curved tellies or not?...LG....SAMSUNG...... PANASONIC... SONY etc.... which make should I go for.
I'm budgeting around £1500 or cheaper if possible.
And where's the best place to buy said article.

I’ve got an LG one. It’s curved but it’s in the bay and I love it. I read everywhere from the telly nerds that curved was in the shit corner but fuck ‘em. The picture can be incredible but it depends on the source. Sometimes the bit between black and a bit up from black can look shit. I’ve got experience at this stuff. I was plasma for ages with a Panasonic Viera but it did heat the room up so that was no good for the Polar Bears. I was saving up for a Pioneer Kuro before the boffins put them in the bin next to Betamax.

Sony do the best ones but they want f***ing loads. I’ve got a big Samsung up in the mancave, not 4K but 65 penis extension inches and the sport is cracking on that.

So there you go. I don’t even know what I’ve said. Carry on.

:lol: was just about to say I posted an almost identical thread a couple of days ago with the exact same budget. From reading reviews and the thread it seems like QLED isn't worth it compared to OLED even though for £1500 I could get a 65" QLED and only a 55" OLED

To the OP, I'm going to end up going for this one LG OLED55B7V 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD OLED TV seemed like the best of the lot. Apparently currys have a 5% off voucher but the code didn't work when I went to the checkout. 5 year warranty. Reviews all suggest it's a mint tele for the price

picture the chavs thinking there tv is broke :D

Samsung is to trick millions of people into believing their TVs have broken as part of a controversial new ad campaign.

In the middle of many of the UK's most popular shows – including the Champions League final and Coronation Street – Samsung will show a short ad that is specifically calculated to trick people into believing their TVs have broken down. Screens will initially begin to flicker and then shut off entirely, in a way indistinguishable from a really broken TV set.

In all, more than eight million TVs will be "turned off" as part of the campaign. It will also affect cinema screens showing the new Solo film and the screens at Piccadilly Circus.

Are they worth the extra dosh?... And now to confuse me even more...wtf is a Qled telly ?.... Curved tellies or not?...LG....SAMSUNG...... PANASONIC... SONY etc.... which make should I go for.
I'm budgeting around £1500 or cheaper if possible.
And where's the best place to buy said article.
What hi if and TV online it's free

Here

What is OLED? The tech, the benefits, the best OLED TVs and OLED phones

Not for about 3 years.

Ha old technology mate

I'll be grilling the fuckers in curry's Durham on satda....or Costco .
Probably be talking to knobs in those stores. Try richer sounds

Last edited:
Was having a look myself last week. Sainsbury’s had the better deals up Silksworth, think they only stock a couple of each of the big ones mind.

Back