New managers having to use our coaching staff

Dodds and Proctor were here last season under Mowbray when we played some great stuff. I would think whoever comes in will bring an assistant (Speakman has confirmed this) like Mowbray had with Venus.

I just wonder whether Dodds will be happy reverting to a comparatively minor coaching role. He might think a change is better for his career.

It is very rare a new head coach will replace all staff with their own
An assistant and another coach would most likely be the norm for most.
It's for continuity and finance purposes.
Imagine beale brought several staff with him to sack them a month later. Head coach should be leading training and setting the schedule for the current coaches to adhere to. Doesn't mean they can't have a say if they feel coaches aren't good enough

Dodds and Proctor were here last season under Mowbray when we played some great stuff. I would think whoever comes in will bring an assistant (Speakman has confirmed this) like Mowbray had with Venus.

I just wonder whether Dodds will be happy reverting to a comparatively minor coaching role. He might think a change is better for his career.
How will Safc possibly survive if Doddsy were to leave?

In fairness a lot of clubs do the same. The manager should be able to at least surround himself with his own assistant and maybe one coach. We really do need some fresh eyes and ideas.
Do they?
We’d just have to try and control the controllables. This club isn’t a Mike Dodds experiment…..
it is a total experiment. Owner, manager and players are all rookies.

Back