New laptap

What do you want to do on it? Any gaming? If so, look at Ryzen chips as their graphics performance is 3-4x that of Intel onboard graphics. Otherwise, probably stick to Intel.

Have a look at the Lenovo Ideapad range.

Look for an 8th Gen i5, with a 1080p screen, 8gb ram and a 256gb hdd. You might just get that in your budget.
I'd compromise to a 7th Gen i5, or an 8th Gen i3 before dropping any of the other specs. Unless you're happy installing a different HDD or more ram later.

Last edited:
What do you want to do on it? Any gaming? If so, look at Ryzen chips as their graphics performance is 3-4x that of Intel onboard graphics. Otherwise, probably stick to Intel.

Look for an 8th Gen i5, with a 1080p screen, 8gb ram and a 256gb hdd. You might just get that in your budget.
I'd compromise to a 7th Gen i5, or an 8th Gen i3 before dropping any of the other specs. Unless you're happy installing a different HDD or more ram later.
Do you mean a 256gb SSD?

General day to day tasks excel, word and browsing the net. But would also use it to run shotcut which I use for video editing so would probably would be looking at 8gb of ram

I have a phone that f'kin has my life by autocorrecting me all the time
Wait till you leave school and get a lass.

Hold the phone. Your phone autocorrected laptop to laptap?!? Those must be some text messages you've been sending, pal.
Laptap? That's the f***ing extreme end of scantily clad bar dancing.

Last edited:

Back