New idea to stop motorcycle theft

Some sort of manual contraption that senses the hands on the handlebars aren't the owners, metal bits come out like handcuffs and attach their hands to said handlebars, then the bike starts up automatically and goes to 100mph in a straight line and the brakes don't work..........that'll learn em.
The problem with that is the bike is wrecked.
Could it not having reached a ton slam the brakes on so the thief goes over the handlebars into a wall? Would need the brakes synchronised with the handcuffs so they release as the brakes slam on. Otherwise there'd be two bloody hands left on the grips for the poor owner to clean off. :lol:

Lawless little get on a motorbike today chester road
Gave him the two fingers salute

Steve mcqueen to play me and Sunderland to play San Francisco away
Bigger concern this than bike theft

One played chicken with me when I had my broken ankle and was hobbling across the road

Shook my first at him/her I can tell you. Sped off because 'it' was clearly terrified

Some sort of easy to carry stinger device is my Dragons Den suggestion

Can also be used for quad bikes

The problem with that is the bike is wrecked.
Could it not having reached a ton slam the brakes on so the thief goes over the handlebars into a wall? Would need the brakes synchronised with the handcuffs so they release as the brakes slam on. Otherwise there'd be two bloody hands left on the grips for the poor owner to clean off. :lol:
As I said previously........ that'll learn em ;) :lol:

Nobody would bother nicking motorbikes after that !!!

Just had an idea.
Make all motorcycles start only by inputting a card which shows the rider has a licence and is insured. Like a slot in place of the ignition

Would stop all motorcycle stealing overnight. Plus riders not insured or who haven’t passed their test.

Still working on the finer details tho
Someone turns up with a bit of wire and shorts out the card reader, bike starts?

We had a “imobiliser fitted to company cars back in the mid 90’s. A jack socket on the dash which you put a jack plug in and then had 60 seconds to start the ignition. Fairly sure we still had cars nicked by thieves ‘hot wiring’ the jack socket after popping it out of the dashboard.

Just had an idea.
Make all motorcycles start only by inputting a card which shows the rider has a licence and is insured. Like a slot in place of the ignition

Would stop all motorcycle stealing overnight. Plus riders not insured or who haven’t passed their test.

Still working on the finer details tho
You are thinking like a decent human being.

Thieving scum do not have similar thought processes.

Once the location of the bike is determined all you need to do is wheel it up a plank into a van. It can then be broken for parts.

Locks and chains make no difference. If they want it, it’s going.

Love the idea of the hand cuffs but just that bit alone so the thief is trapped on the bike he tried to steal. Then everybody can see that it was an attempted theft. Passers by can bring bags of dog shit and rub it into the thief’s face.

Back