New England selector

Every single decision key has made so far has been brilliant, so will be interesting to see

It doesn’t strike me that luke Wright has any clue what it takes to be a test cricketer mind but we will see

I was hoping key would continue doing it

How’s it gonna work tho, there’s no way stokes n mccullum would drop or call up a player they want or don’t want us there

Every single decision key has made so far has been brilliant, so will be interesting to see

It doesn’t strike me that luke Wright has any clue what it takes to be a test cricketer mind but we will see

I was hoping key would continue doing it

How’s it gonna work tho, there’s no way stokes n mccullum would drop or call up a player they want or don’t want us there
Key has been a breath of fresh air but if I had 200 guesses I wouldn’t have come up with Luke Wright. Good luck to him.

I
Key has been a breath of fresh air but if I had 200 guesses I wouldn’t have come up with Luke Wright. Good luck to him.

Same yeah I get he’s had a broad depth of cricket experiences

It’s outside the box which is in keeping with key

I guess I’d have liked someone who had some test cricket experience

Wright was very much an ODI specific player so how much scope he has as a selector is open. Seem to remember he was touted as Flintoff's replacement at one point but they ended up picking Ian Bell as a 6th batsman for the Saffers tour instead. Right choice made in the end all things considered.

It's like saying why do football teams hire people with average playing career

No it’s not. Football is a completely different sport mate. No idea why you are mentioning it.
Wright was very much an ODI specific player so how much scope he has as a selector is open. Seem to remember he was touted as Flintoff's replacement at one point but they ended up picking Ian Bell as a 6th batsman for the Saffers tour instead. Right choice made in the end all things considered.

Aye he was defs in a few test squads around that time

Type of bloke who seems to have been sbout for ever

Was kind of one of our aggressive white ball players with Bopara when we lacked quality wasn’t he

Last edited:
No it’s not. Football is a completely different sport mate. No idea why you are mentioning it.

Aye he was defs in a few test squads around that time

Type of bloke who seems to have been sbout for ever

Was kind of one of our aggressive white ball players with Bopara when we lacked quality wasn’t he
So what if he hasn't the experience

Rob Key since he took over as done everything right in terms of both winning cricket matches and entertaining the watching public.

He deserves utmost confidence and respect whoever he choose he has full deserved that imo

Rob Key since he took over as done everything right in terms of both winning cricket matches and entertaining the watching public.

He deserves utmost confidence and respect whoever he choose he has full deserved that imo

I think you’re giving him far too much credit if you think he’s responsible for that.

Far more likely to have come from McCullum and Stokes.

Back