New domestic season

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickey

Starts in a few weeks.

Who are the young players to watch who might bag a few headlines?

I'll start (with a couple of Yorkies, of course) :cool:

Johnny Bairstow - wicketkeeper and six hitter

Moin Ashraf - medium fast bowler fast tracked from the academy.

I like that Alex Hales at Nottingham, looks a promising young batsman.

Be interesting to see how Luke Evans gets on at Northants after his move from Durham. Hopefully some regular cricket will do him good.

Lancs have high hopes for Andrea Agathangelou, a Saffer they've got on a EU passport. However, I think Lancs will struggle badly this year.

I'll be keeping an eye on Danny Briggs, the young Hampshire spinner who looks very promising.

At Durham there is a lot too keep an eye on but it'll be intersting too see if Ben Stokes starts to move his career up a gear, particularly as an all rounder, not just a batsman.

I think all the players I'm looking forward to seeing have already been mentioned - Hales, Butler, Stokes and Taylor of the batsmen. Also hoping Durham have picked up a rough diamond with this South African who's coming in.

On the bowling front I'll be looking out for Woakes, Borthwick and Beer. Hoping to see them kick on and in Woakes' case prove he's the real deal.

Also want to see how Harris at Glamorgan gets on. He burst on the scene a couple of years ago maybe he'll kick on a bit this year.

Stokes, Briggs, Taylor and Hayles look very promising cricketers. Still think that Andrew Gayle looks like a Test Crickter in the same mould as Vaughan

Stokes, Briggs, Taylor and Hayles look very promising cricketers. Still think that Andrew Gayle looks like a Test Crickter in the same mould as Vaughan

Agree with Gale and it will be interesting to see if his county teamate Adam Lyth can continue with his impressive form from last season.

sorry I need to make a correction I mean't Adam Lyth not Andrew Gale for some reason keep getting them mixed up.

They open the batting together IIRC. Both been away with the England Lions this winter so both should be in contention if they keep up decent form this summer, Lyth is only 22 aswell so plenty of promise there.

They open the batting together IIRC. Both been away with the England Lions this winter so both should be in contention if they keep up decent form this summer, Lyth is only 22 aswell so plenty of promise there.

Everytime I saw Lyth last season even in the 20/20 games his shots and technique looked a perfect Test Match batsmen. Its been a while since I have been so impressed by someone as much as Lyth. Hopefully he will kick on again this year and still only young.

Andrew Gale is ok just think Lyth is potentially the better of the two.

Everytime I saw Lyth last season even in the 20/20 games his shots and technique looked a perfect Test Match batsmen. Its been a while since I have been so impressed by someone as much as Lyth. Hopefully he will kick on again this year and still only young.

Andrew Gale is ok just think Lyth is potentially the better of the two.

I agree mate, especially given age is on his side aswell. Lyth, Taylor, Hildreth should all be given a chance in the England setup this summer at some point.

3.142 said:
Hoping for a good season from Borthwick.

Seen him getting some coaching off Warne during lunch or something in the last Ashes test. Hope he comes through well like, haven't had a quality English leg spinner in years.

Like others have mentioned I really like the look of Taylor and i'm looking forward to see how Vince at hampshire gets on as hes such a lovely player to watch.

If Jimmy Adams and Hales carry on their one day form they should be knocking on the door for England.

I'll be keeping an eye on Danny Briggs, the young Hampshire spinner who looks very promising.

At Durham there is a lot too keep an eye on but it'll be intersting too see if Ben Stokes starts to move his career up a gear, particularly as an all rounder, not just a batsman.

met him in the court inn in durham after we smashed them 4 days & pro 40 last year, dont remeber thinking anything special of him [think he played the pro 40 not eh 4 day iirc] but then as i say, we smashed them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back