New deal for Southgate?

I'm in the minority but I quite like the bloke.
Not at all, just the quiet majority who aren’t reactive, hysterical and analyse every word said and every decision made. Southgate is the best manager england have for donkeys and people who think the squad we have now is better than those of the last 30years are completely deluded.

Potter & Howe would become the top two favourites for the job. I would rather keep Southgate, I think we will go close in the euros.
Klopp imo. Good English and has been managing in the country for a long time.

Not sure whether he’d want it though, but it wouldn’t be as strenuous as club management.

It feels like it's time to go in a new direction after the Euros (though I don't see us appointing someone other than Potter, Howe or Cooper).

People forget just how bad things were before Southgate came in though. Not just underachieving on the pitch, but a circus off it. Players were in their club cliques and there were divides in the squad, favourites being picked was far more prevalent than it is these days and the media was constantly looking for an excuse to undermine anyone associated with the national team. Southgate has helped create a united and high performance culture. He's responsible for 40% of all knockout wins that England have ever achieved. Underachievement from fans is now considered to be losing a final or semi final. The tournament before Southgate, we lost to Iceland. In 2014 we went out in the group to Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Many of those "World Class" players that Southgate is now supposedly misusing, he helped to develop in the first place. When many fans wanted Pickford, Stones, Sterling etc. dropped, Southgate gave them his confidence. He was selecting Rashford and Saka when fans wanted Sancho. When fans were still talking about Oxlade-Chamberlain and Alli, they were giving Southgate stick over his midfield selection "what does Declan Rice actually do" etc. Fortunately for fans, we're always able to just give a comment on the present and forget exactly how we got here.

Surely not!

The bloke that travels to Amsterdam to watch 33 year old Jordan Henderson play instead of going to games where multiple potential players are playing in.

He's had his chance and not won anything, time for a change.

:lol: nee way
Too defensive for me. I hate it when he plays two holding midfielders in games we are expected to have a lot of the ball.
I think his record is 8 or 9 defensive players shoe horned into a starting 11. Loves a defender does Southgate.

Last edited:

Back