New contracts for Jones and Trevaskis

Bancroft this season.

Batting and FieldingMatchesInnsNot OutRunsHSAve10050CtSt
LV= Insurance County Championship 2021 (FC)58118346*26.14004
Royal London Cup 2021 (ListA)98218960*31.500291
The Vitality Blast 2021 (T20)1313228376*25.72026
For context, that's 9th, 8th and 5th best in the squad. He's actually kept more in-form batsmen out of the team, e.g. Eckersley (who has been fantastic this season, much underrated), Dickson and Clarke. I would rather sign Will Young as our overseas next season.

beg to differ. He's a decent player, no more. Expect the overseas signing to offer much more than that.
Averaged 13 from 13 innings in the Sheffield Shield in 19/20 ,18th out of 22 in squad. He's had more than one dodgy season. The fact he keeps wicket is a bonus though. Keeping him on makes it easier to get shot of Poynter.

bad year but it happens

he’s a good cricketer who wants to be Here and can play all forms

Absolutely this.

He’ll be gutted himself with how this season has gone, but for perspective he scored 726 runs in 9 games at 45 in 2019.

My view is that if he’s available for next year and wants to come - sign him.

Absolutely this.

He’ll be gutted himself with how this season has gone, but for perspective he scored 726 runs in 9 games at 45 in 2019.

My view is that if he’s available for next year and wants to come - sign him.
See above. Averaged 13 in the following season for W.A. His form is a bit up and down.

See above. Averaged 13 in the following season for W.A. His form is a bit up and down.
Who’s isnt? Didn’t Joe Root just go something like 18 months without a test hundred? I agree with the others, he’s a decent option for us and I don’t think we’ll attract better. He’ll be as gutted as anyone at how bad this season was for him

Who’s isnt? Didn’t Joe Root just go something like 18 months without a test hundred? I agree with the others, he’s a decent option for us and I don’t think we’ll attract better. He’ll be as gutted as anyone at how bad this season was for him
Root still averaged over 40 in that time.

Aha, the point being - he’s done it before, he could do it again. Class is permanent and all that.
No the point is his form has been up and down on a season by season basis. The suggestion that this season was a 'one off' is inaccurate.

His versatility and availability (cos Australia won't touch him) are fair points.

Back