Coronavirus compendium thread

Chinese people do not eat bats. I've lived in China and I am there more than any other country, including just a week or so ago. This is not a thing.

There's some real racist and orientalist sentiment coming out concerning the outbreak of this disease which is being spread by the gutter press.
Seen them eaten in Cambodia and Vietnam,cant remember seeing them eaten in china,but its a huge country,maybe on the viet border region.

Yes I think it's quite obvious that Chinese people don't by any meaningful number eat bats.

Cured might be better defined as "recovered"- as in people discharged from hospital who overcame their symptoms not through a specific vaccine. Nobody under 48 has died. As it is a variant of the flu it can be overcome naturally.
But at the same time this is brought on themselves by the disgusting cruelty of "traditional Chinese medicine" sorry but do they seriously think there is any justification for that sort of cruelty?
You have a far greater knowledge of China than me but surely this can't just be hearsay as it its reported around the world the horrible attitude to animal life

Rather amusing if it has been caused by the sick practices of animal cruelty in China , hope those involved in that suffer accordingly

From what I was told yesterday from one of the student accommodations in Durham, the international students from the Wuhan province have been told by family members back home that the source of the virus is from sea snakes.

They also mentioned that 2 students are been tested in Newcastle for the virus. How true that is I've no idea.

IIRC hasn't Newcastle been appointed as one of the 4 super hospitals to deal with a potential UK outbreak?

From what I was told yesterday from one of the student accommodations in Durham, the international students from the Wuhan province have been told by family members back home that the source of the virus is from sea snakes.

They also mentioned that 2 students are been tested in Newcastle for the virus. How true that is I've no idea.

IIRC hasn't Newcastle been appointed as one of the 4 super hospitals to deal with a potential UK outbreak?
It has, along with one in Liverpool (broadgreen) and two in London

But at the same time this is brought on themselves by the disgusting cruelty of "traditional Chinese medicine" sorry but do they seriously think there is any justification for that sort of cruelty?
You have a far greater knowledge of China than me but surely this can't just be hearsay as it its reported around the world the horrible attitude to animal life

Can we not link this outbreak to rhino horn? One way of solving that problem.

Can we not link this outbreak to rhino horn? One way of solving that problem.
I admit sometimes I can take things a bit far on here but the suffering of animals in the name of sport, antiques and so called medicine is imo disgusting and this is one thing I won't back down over. Creatures who've been around for thousands of years and all have an important role in our ecosystem are being wiped out so pointlessly.

Yes I think it's quite obvious that Chinese people don't by any meaningful number eat bats.

Cured might be better defined as "recovered"- as in people discharged from hospital who overcame their symptoms not through a specific vaccine. Nobody under 48 has died. As it is a variant of the flu it can be overcome naturally.
I’m 48 in 3 weeks so I hope I get it before then...

Back