New CEO appointed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

From the Scunthorpe article on him leaving

"I employed Jim to take us to the Championship and get us ready for our journey into the new stadium, to build a backroom staff that could support this move and hopefully establish ourselves in the second tier"

They're in league two
😂😂

exciting times. Been waiting for news like this for a long time. Im glad the press release mentioned his vast playing experience, you dont make 50 appearances for Halesowen Town in the prime of your career unless you are really decent. And having been a popular member of the board at Scunthorpe, Im excited what comes next for us. Hopefully, the club is now off the market.

If I was the owner of a business that I was in the process of selling (allegedly), I can’t imagine for one moment that I’d be making such a high level appointment.

If I was a CEO, I wouldn’t be taking a new role in a company that was in the process of being sold to new owners.

To be fair, I see he came 3rd in Britain’s Brainiest Footballer in 2002. Also sounds like he’s university educated, maybe Stewy has uncovered the next Daniel Levy.

All just a grim reminder of the level we’re now at, feels very painful in comparison to what’s happening up the road.

I’d say this means there is something else afoot. As has been said he wouldn’t leave for a short term post and we pretty much know Donald can’t afford to take us up so I’d say there is an investment / takeover deal to be announced in the near future. Also at a time of economic downturn we have a new salary which indicates new income.

Donald to step back to direct maybe? Either way Donald’s crap decision making has another perspective. Only time will tell if this guys better of course but we needed a change. So I’ll take this as a hopeful move for now at least.

Sums everything up, we are miles from a takeover and are pretty much a mid table league 1 side

I’d say this means there is something else afoot. As has been said he wouldn’t leave for a short term post and we pretty much know Donald can’t afford to take us up so I’d say there is an investment / takeover deal to be announced in the near future. Also at a time of economic downturn we have a new salary which indicates new income.

Donald to step back to direct maybe? Either way Donald’s crap decision making has another perspective. Only time will tell if this guys better of course but we needed a change. So I’ll take this as a hopeful move for now at least.
If someone new is coming in they must have massive ambition appointing a bloke who Scunthorpe fans are happy he has gone. Even their club website said his job was to get them to the championship from league 1, they are now in league 2.....

Exciting f***ing times

Sadly I'd say the opposite. I think Donald believes we'll come out of the pandemic on a better financial position than many others and so he now thinks maybe he can get us up. He also probably realises his decision making has been poor. So he brings someone experienced at this level in, in the hopes they get it right and he can make the money he really wants in the championship. Only problem is that the bloke doesn't have any record of being in this position at a club that has actually progressed through league, Notts County seemed to stay fairly static (and dropped off after he went) and Scunthorpe ended up in league Two

Davison and methven role haven’t been replaced, not their salaries, this is hardly a ground breaking appointment, in fact as he has come from such a stalwart and giant (no disrespect intended) of a league 2 club it looks and smell like we are a tinpot as ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back