New Bridge name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

well iirc the route the road system takes gives a more direct approach to the docks (for Nissan suppliers maybe) this is what i was told or read cannot remember correctly, even if if i am mistaken i still feel there is no need for it

When I passed my test, a good twenty years ago now, the roads were much quieter with far fewer cars on the roads. I can't see the volume of traffic decreasing in the future, but most likely increasing. If we don't build and improve our infrastructure, we stagnate. Other, once Third World, countries are spreading putting in better road systems than we have.

How can you justify there is no need for it?

well iirc the route the road system takes gives a more direct approach to the docks (for Nissan suppliers maybe) this is what i was told or read cannot remember correctly, even if if i am mistaken i still feel there is no need for it
There is a need if Sunderland is to improve its overall infrastructure and develop. Most of the money has come from the government anyway, so why should it all go to London?

When I passed my test, a good twenty years ago now, the roads were much quieter with far fewer cars on the roads. I can't see the volume of traffic decreasing in the future, but most likely increasing. If we don't build and improve our infrastructure, we stagnate. Other, once Third World, countries are spreading putting in better road systems than we have.

How can you justify there is no need for it?
the position of it for a start, the a19 and alexandra bridge within less than half a mile of it serving the same road system which imo will only increase congestion in the area and the fact it is in the path of thee main thoroughfare of most people trying to get to work which was a pain in the arse road to start with

the position of it for a start, the a19 and alexandra bridge within less than half a mile of it serving the same road system which imo will only increase congestion in the area and the fact it is in the path of thee main thoroughfare of most people trying to get to work which was a pain in the arse road to start with

You are right mate, that's my mind changed. Can a lend a pair of your blinkers?

then again about the position the bridge would have been better placed between the wear and alexandra (the crossing being to deptford B&Q area )

So that's a good thing for the regions largest sweatshop innit?

Can't have enough Bridges, love a fookin nice bridge me like....

You are right mate, that's my mind changed. Can a lend a pair of your blinkers?
well i maybe a little biased seeing as i live right next to it and the traffic now and probably once it is built looks like it is going to be a mare the councils obsession with putting traffic lights were there not needed doesnt help either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back