Never had a full time job and still live at home in 40’s….

You’ll never miss what you’ve never had. No kids / mrs = no big deal.

imagine its a canny decent life all told. Unless he’s one of these incels.

I have a full time job however I have always lived at “home” or with my mam anyway as surely everybody lives at home unless they are homeless.

There’s no right or wrong way of living your life providing you aren’t doing anybody else any harm.

Usually the people who look down their nose on it constantly whinge about not having any money, a partner who doesn’t let them do things etc.
So it turns out a bloke in his forties (?) who has a ridiculous obsession with Avril Levine still lives with his Mam?

Well I’m just shocked. Shocked I tell ya!
Surely a lot of these types suffer some sort of mental illness/depression? Even the ones that outwardly appear "happy enough".
See my comment about Aspergers. But if they’re happy in themselves then so be it.
It’s the incels who are furious with the world like the Trump-pets on the Politics Forum who really need watching.

Last edited:
Would be my absolute nightmare as a parent and I’d see it as a personal failure if I’d raised a child that had no ambition to better itself.

Mrs C is 100% more brutal than me however so I don’t see this ever being an issue should we end up having them.

Last edited:
First page (not read the rest) focus on how happy this bloke is and how easy his life must be... errr and his parents?

Somebody pays for his easy life. Who knows, maybe they are happy too. (But Mrs Kaplan has a cousin like that ... and the parents aren’t happy with it)

Edit: And of course I’m wildly generalising. Circumstances differ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be my absolute nightmare as a parent and I’d see it as a personal failure if I’d raised a child that had no ambition to better itself.

Mrs C is 100% more brutal than me however so I don’t see this ever being an issue should we end up having them.
It’s a learned behaviour so with exceptions I’d say if the parents are either lazy / unambiguous or project that then that’s where the kids have got it from.

One of my mates is like this. Only job he ever had (apart from his paper round which he had until he was about 23) was a part time job at Tesco. He lost it when they closed his store in summer 2019 and he hasn’t worked since. Was offered a job, no interview required, by another mate’s wife (who is manager at M&S food) during lockdown and he turned it down because he didn’t want to go back into retail. He’s 38 in a fortnight, and he and his 35 year old brother both live with their mum. For a while there was the 2 of them, their sister (who is now 25) and their mum in a 2 bedroom terrace - the lads shared a room and the sister shared a room with the mum (I think their mum moved there in an attempt to get the older ones to move out and it failed spectacularly). Luckily they came into some inheritance a few years ago and bought a 4 bedroom house so they could all have a bedroom. The sister moved out at about 22/23 when she finished uni and got a job.

Another lad I played five aside with who was 37 and Finance Director of a National (Scotland not U.K.) company before he moved out. He did move straight into a £300k 4 bed house so he clearly had his head screwed on.

Finally, someone I used to work with is now almost 60 and never moved out of his parents’ house. It’s quite a sad story - he quietly came out as trans to a few people a few years back and it sounds like he doesn’t think his mum would ever accept him like that and can only truly be himself once she’s gone so he’s putting all his energy into looking after her (she must be about 90)

Last edited:
Reading through these replies got me thinking. My dads mate has a son, must be in his mid forties by now. Never held down a job for any length of time. The last job he had that I’m aware of, which only lasted a few months, was on the bins in daventry. I’m trying to think if it was when I still lived in Blighty and I’m fairly certain that it was, so that will make it at least 14 years ago. His wife/missus is a churchy type and works, so I assume she sees the best in everyone.
My dads mate will be nearly 80 now and has worked all his life and would have set a good example to him but clearly it never filtered down to that waste of oxygen.

I had an uncle who could hardly hold down a job for a few days without quitting or getting fired. He lived with his parents (my grandparents) until they died. He then moved into a council flat and died himself shortly afterwards as he couldn't cope on his own.

So it turns out a bloke in his forties (?) who has a ridiculous obsession with Avril Levine still lives with his Mam?

Well I’m just shocked. Shocked I tell ya!

See my comment about Aspergers. But if they’re happy in themselves then so be it.
It’s the incels who are furious with the world like the Trump-pets on the Politics Forum who really need watching.
It’s Lavigne and I’m 38.

Reading through these replies got me thinking. My dads mate has a son, must be in his mid forties by now. Never held down a job for any length of time. The last job he had that I’m aware of, which only lasted a few months, was on the bins in daventry. I’m trying to think if it was when I still lived in Blighty and I’m fairly certain that it was, so that will make it at least 14 years ago. His wife/missus is a churchy type and works, so I assume she sees the best in everyone.
My dads mate will be nearly 80 now and has worked all his life and would have set a good example to him but clearly it never filtered down to that waste of oxygen.
"Waste of oxygen" ffs, he's not a nonce or a murderer is he?
Otherwise cop on man, he can live his life however he wants.
Is your job so great?

Mate of mine turns 50 next year has lived with his parents his entire life. Has worked the same low paid job since leaving school which he enjoys, they won't take a penny off him in board either. Has six figures in savings and says he could retire tomorrow if he wanted. Will inherit a house worth over 200k when his parents snuff it as well. We rip the piss out of him about still living with his mam and dad but let's be honest many would kill to be in his position now.
Not a bad gig that

"Waste of oxygen" ffs, he's not a nonce or a murderer is he?
Otherwise cop on man, he can live his life however he wants.
Is your job so great?
He is a waste of oxygen though sponging and sitting over an 80 year old bloke waiting for him to die so he can spend his inheritance on scratch cards,dope and takeaways.

Which one farted on his lass during Monopoly?
The waste of space who hasn't worked & had money saved up while his wife was struggling.

He didn't fart on her. He farted, which was so bad, she turned the board upside down in anger. Get your story straight. I don't want him getting a bad name.

I f***ing love the SMB me.

Back