Neu Black Lager

Cracking value that mind.

If its anything like this it'll be good like. Seems more a beer than a lager in terms of characteristics.

Yep. Dark and toasted. I've tried other black lagers and the Brewdog is as good as any I've tried. It's called Zeitgeist. £6 for 4 or two packs for 9. The Jet Black Heart was in on the offer as well.

No, they don’t. Because you consistently see people making the mistake. A lager beer is a beer. There’s no getting around it. Ale as opposed to lager is the correct distinction.

Aye buy the lad I said it to knew what I meant, hence his response, and he's well into his sup. Beer is essentially lager or ale, and yet this lager doesn't have the typical characteristics I'd associate with a lager (fizzy, crisp, refreshing and not particularly interesting taste wise) and its not like an ale.

No, they don’t. Because you consistently see people making the mistake. A lager beer is a beer. There’s no getting around it. Ale as opposed to lager is the correct distinction.

Whilst we are on, you tried this un? I'm guessing you will have mind.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
It’s not like. All these craft beer companies have cottoned on to the fact that they can get away with selling basically halves for the same price as pints and people lap it up. It’s taking the piss. All the trad English ales came in 500ml bottles then suddenly you had all these Yank brewers knocking out little cans (yanks seem perfectly happy drinking 330 bottles of bud anyway) and now everyone’s at it. I don’t go to the pub and drink halves, so why would I do it at home?

It’s not like. All these craft beer companies have cottoned on to the fact that they can get away with selling basically halves for the same price as pints and people lap it up. It’s taking the piss. All the trad English ales came in 500ml bottles then suddenly you had all these Yank brewers knocking out little cans (yanks seem perfectly happy drinking 330 bottles of bud anyway) and now everyone’s at it. I don’t go to the pub and drink halves, so why would I do it at home?

Fair point.

They are usually stronger. And often more unique to what's on tap.

Some people like a drink for the taste. Not to get bladdered remember.

I'm with Herbal here. No need to serve beer in a Coke can. Imagine drinking a half when you're out with your mates? You'd rightfully be ridiculed

See loads of bloke drinking halves, especially with the stronger real ale stuff. I don't but youd have to be a right numpty to take the piss. Eeeeh look at him drinking halves, must a reet puff :lol:

Last edited:
Not ridiculed exactly, but the missus wasn't ower happy when she saw one of the price labels I'd forgotten to take off! - £6.80

I paid 7 notes for the peanut butter and jelly tin I posted further up the page. Delicious mind and don't often see it about.

Back