Netherlands Tour 2021

One of the tour operators is offering eight day tours from 21st May, with the first game on 22nd and last on the 27th, with all 3 games in Amsterdam.

Currently only got time off for the last one.

Champion. Might do two of them. £152 return with KLM.

It’ll be a massively different vibe to a normal trip though and I can imagine people not being happy about it.

Last edited:

Really fancy it but just don't see the point in booking anything in the current climate
Surely if u can get something for 60-70 quid return it’s worth the risk?
As for digs, just find one that’s got a cancellable option.
If the tour operators snap up tickets to sell in three-game packages that won't leave many for the casual traveller.
What’s Amstleeven potentially hold mate?

4.5k. Dunno whether they have the option of adding a few temporary stands to up it a bit. There's no supporters club like the Proteas on in SA that I'm aware of.

4.5k. Dunno whether they have the option of adding a few temporary stands to up it a bit. There's no supporters club like the Proteas on in SA that I'm aware of.
Yeah be good if they could get it up to 6k
FFS.

I might just do game 3 then as games 1 and 2 are the easier to pair up. As you say the tour groups will snaffle up most.
Yeah and play the various “packages” card to guarantee tickets. Eg u have to book either the train or the hotel through us as a minimum to get them

Last edited:
It’ll be a massively different vibe to a normal trip though and I can imagine people not being happy about it.

I have mates who do england football games (as many on here do as well I know) and they said Amsterdam away was a nightmare compared to normal England games. Way rowdier, more people just there for anything but the match, a lot edgier etc.

Do you think, obviously to a lesser extent, the same thing will happen with the cricket?

I have mates who do england football games (as many on here do as well I know) and they said Amsterdam away was a nightmare compared to normal England games. Way rowdier, more people just there for anything but the match, a lot edgier etc.

Do you think, obviously to a lesser extent, the same thing will happen with the cricket?

Nah. Cricket fans are a different breed.

I wouldn't be pissing it up in a city centre bar for 6 hours before the game starts, you've got 7 hours at the game with an 11am start for that.

I was hoping to do this but I get back from having 10 days in the Netherlands on the 17th so not sure if I’ll be able to get back over a few days later for another week. Going to try and do at least one though

70 euros a day apparently, 250 euros for a hospitality package if it goes ahead with spectators.

Tickets won't be on sale until February at the earliest.

I'll probably do the last one for definite, not sure about first and second.

The ECB do not sell tickets for overseas games either.

I imagine it will be a lot busier and get alot more casual cricket fans over there for the crack and much cheaper cost. Few of my mates on about coming over for it who aren't avid cricket fans but will be a good trip. Highly doubt you will get the same edgy crowd you would get for England football aways though.

That's my plan, can get return flights from Manchester where I am based for 60 return, worth just chancing it at that price.

Last edited:
Flights booked, over there 23rd - 29th May. Flight was only £57 return like. Seemed easier to go from LGW than Eurostar from my current location. If it doesn't happen with Covid etc then I'm not much out of pocket.

Back