Nepo Baby's

Sam Handwich

Striker
Sick and tired of seeing Barney Walsh and Roman Kemp on telly this weekend and it's only Sunday afternoon. Talentless children of A List parent(s). Won't belong before the Beckham kids are all over, if they aren't already. Whatever happened to working your way up the ladder and honing your craft. It's why we'll never see another Parkinson or his ilk.

Sick and tired of seeing Barney Walsh and Roman Kemp on telly this weekend and it's only Sunday afternoon. Talentless children of A List parent(s). Won't belong before the Beckham kids are all over, if they aren't already. Whatever happened to working your way up the ladder and honing your craft. It's why we'll never see another Parkinson or his ilk.
Fell sorry for Barney. He actually looks like he knows he’s only there because of dad. No discernible talent or charisma.

I think its nepotism in wider society that should be more of a concern.

As an example, I used to work in Parliament for an MP. I was paid which was a novelty as the majority who worked there were interns. So unless mummy and daddy were going to bankroll you then your opportunities were already limited.

We had an intern turn up for a week because his daddy was important. He was a right arrogant shit. Was almost impossible to get him to do any work and when he did it was crap. I remember he actually went and sat himself at the MPs desk and put his feet on the desk.

The working class kids who were at parliament worked their arses off to get there and worked their arses off when they got there.

My first ever thread I opened on here somewhere back in time was on this very topic. Someone accused me of being a jealous and failed thespian. However does my head in. All these sons and daughters of actors playing the actors sons and daughters . No the wonder the product is getting blander and blander.

Of course children follow in their parents footsteps all the time. But at least if your Mam was a doctor or your Dad was an engineer you have to work and study hard to be able to do the job and don't just get to waltz in.

My first ever thread I opened on here somewhere back in time was on this very topic. Someone accused me of being a jealous and failed thespian. However does my head in. All these sons and daughters of actors playing the actors sons and daughters . No the wonder the product is getting blander and blander.

Of course children follow in their parents footsteps all the time. But at least if your Mam was a doctor or your Dad was an engineer you have to work and study hard to be able to do the job and don't just get to waltz in.
Its not just the acting thing either. They become things like fashion designers, djs, authors, singers etc when they cant design, cant dj, cant write and cant sing while other more talented people could if they had the chance.

I am so old I remember MAx Bygravees bringing his son on at the Palladium - disgraceful. Ted Ray was another one who pushed his son. Terrible. It has been going on for years.

What are your views on top class thesp Lawrence Fox😎

Back