Need a new game - for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTR

Striker
I'm a bit out of the loop with PC games, and I'm bored with the ones I've been playing for the last 6 months (Motorsport Mgr2, Civ 5 & 6).

Thought about Witcher 3, but seems I should really play the other 2 first, otherwise I won't understand the story.
Considering re-installing Skyrim to play "Beyond Skyrim", as that modpack looks really promising.

Seems all the best games are sequels of games I've never played. I tried Fallout 4/NV (can't remember which) and found the first hour utterly boring and gave up. Although I do tend to enjoy RPGs.
I used to love Champ/FM but fell out with it over 10 years ago. Is it any good now? Someone mentioned Stelaris as I'm a civ fan?

Don't really mind what type of game, just looking for something really good.

Last edited:

I would say you don't really need to have played the other Witcher games before you play 3.

Fm18 is ace, as is a little tactical footie game on steam called Football Tactics & Glory.

Stellaris is probably a good shout as you seem to like Civ style games. Maybe also take a look at Rimworld, Frostpunk, Thea: The Awakening and They Are Billions.

Reactions: PTR
I'm a bit out of the loop with PC games, and I'm bored with the ones I've been playing for the last 6 months (Motorsport Mgr2, Civ 5 & 6).

Thought about Witcher 3, but seems I should really play the other 2 first, otherwise I won't understand the story.
Considering re-installing Skyrim to play "Beyond Skyrim", as that modpack looks really promising.

Seems all the best games are sequels of games I've never played. I tried Fallout 4/NV (can't remember which) and found the first hour utterly boring and gave up. Although I do tend to enjoy RPGs.
I used to love Champ/FM but fell out with it over 10 years ago. Is it any good now? Someone mentioned Stelaris as I'm a civ fan?

Go back and give fallout a good chance.

My favourite all time game that.. quality RPG. Better than Skyrim/oblivion/mass effect/Witcher. For me like

Stellaris is great, definitely give that a bash if you enjoyed Civ

Reactions: PTR
As well as Stellaris, the other Paradox games might be worth a look if you're into Civ. Europa Universalis 4 and Hearts of Iron 4 are both great imo.

I missed that entire series. Had the feeling I'd missed the boat and missed its time tbh.

Definitely not mate. The earlier ones are the best in my eyes to be honest. The graphics aren't as bad as you might think and still cracking games. You can pick up Rome and all the expansion packs up for £6 on Steam at the minute. Have sunk in 24 hours into one campaign with one faction. You can play as about 14 if you pop the right code into the file properties.

Medieval 2 is another good one, which I be getting next.

Definitely not mate. The earlier ones are the best in my eyes to be honest. The graphics aren't as bad as you might think and still cracking games. You can pick up Rome and all the expansion packs up for £6 on Steam at the minute. Have sunk in 24 hours into one campaign with one faction. You can play as about 14 if you pop the right code into the file properties.

Medieval 2 is another good one, which I be getting next.
576hrs I have spent on Empire: Total War :oops::oops::oops:

Beyond Skyrim you say?? Is that just a genuine expansion or a mod?
Its a fully expansion on the original game, but its not from the makers - so you could call it a MOD.

Have a watch, it seems too good to be true.

Its a fully expansion on the original game, but its not from the makers - so you could call it a MOD.

Have a watch, it seems too good to be true.

Played that ages ago, it's canny but not finished. I found I had done the lot in a few days mooching about on it. Not sure how much they may have added since then. What they had was good mind, just wasn't very big.

Played that ages ago, it's canny but not finished. I found I had done the lot in a few days mooching about on it. Not sure how much they may have added since then. What they had was good mind, just wasn't very big.
I think the plan is to have loads more content. Whether what you played was the final version for the first place, I've no idea.

tbh, if you were fully tooled up, and then played the main questline in Skyrim without being distracted, I think most people would think that's far too short too?

Anyway, as for what I went with:

1 - Played 2 more contrieved games of Civ5 - every Civ on a dual map. Basically 1 city each.
2 - Played Life's End - a Mod for original Half Life, the events of a random scientist on the day of the Black Mesa incident. It was pretty good, had that original Half Life vibe about it. The ending was bloody wierd though :lol:

3 - Witcher 3 is installed, and I'm at the first town playing my first hand of cards. Seems ok, but not sure I fancy putting the effort in to really get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back