Need a new coffee machine

Nespresso is the answer.

They do a subscription scheme where you get the machine for nowt, but pay a monthly sub for capsules.

Or just buy the machine outright - that’s what I did
We have a dolce gousto and got to admit they are class.

Canny cheap at the minute like, seen somewhere selling them off for £29 somewhere
Not really sure what the difference is?
I’m such a heathen ha ha.
Both pod machines?
Bean to Cup is the answer.
And what does that involve pray tell..?

Tons of bean to cups on massive discounts at the moment. What’s your budget?
I’ll use a coffee machine a lot so don’t mind.
I don’t need gold plated or anything though.

Espresso machine for sub £100… separate burr grinder for around £30.

Nespresso are the best if you want the convenience of pods but works out about 30-40p a cup (some of the cheaper compatible pods are ok but I've found actual Nespresso ones are the best).

My espresso machine works out about 10p a cup at guess and you have so many more options if you are using beans instead of pods.

Nespresso are the best if you want the convenience of pods but works out about 30-40p a cup (some of the cheaper compatible pods are ok but I've found actual Nespresso ones are the best).

My espresso machine works out about 10p a cup at guess and you have so many more options if you are using beans instead of pods.

Where do you get the beans from? Just supermarkets or are there dedicated bean suppliers?

Bean to Cup is the answer.
This, 100%.

Better range of beans, and miles cheaper in the long run. And the coffee is just better, no question - freshly ground beans beats pods.
Mind, pod machines can be very very good too - don't get me wrong.

I've had 2 Delonghi BtC machines, and been quite pleased with both. The one I have now is a lot smaller than the first one, and has a steam wand rather than a "clever" milk container that makes the frothy milk at the same time as the machine is making the shots of espresso - I prefer to have control of the steaming.

This is the one I have now - my only gripe would be that the steamer isn't quite as powerful as the professional ones, so it doesn't make "perfect" microfoam. But its bloody good, for the price
ETAM29.620.SB_SI | De'Longhi Bean To Cup Machine | ao.com

Had a quick check for better prices - £329 at CoOp
Buy DeLonghi Autentica Plus ETAM29.620.SB Bean to Cup Coffee Machine Silver | Co-op Electrical

Thank you.
My social life is pretty hectic at the minute (I’m an idle bassa with a Lazyboy and an OLED) so perhaps pods are still the answer :neutral:

Where do you get the beans from? Just supermarkets or are there dedicated bean suppliers?

Both. Plenty of decent supermarket ones for around £3 a bag. More expensive ones aren't necessarily better.

I'll consider bean to cup when mine dies but to be honest I'm happy enough with my current set up for half the price so may well just stick with separate espresso machine and grinder.

Thank you.
My social life is pretty hectic at the minute (I’m an idle bassa with a Lazyboy and an OLED) so perhaps pods are still the answer :neutral:

More variety with the beans as well as cheaper. Depends how much you drink. My parents have a Nespresso so I'm familiar with it and wouldn't swap my espresso machine for their Nespresso for both cost and variety reasons.

Last edited:

Back