Ndong

Status
Not open for further replies.
From press interviews (last summer ?) he appears to have a high opinion of his own abilities, whilst that's not a bad thing he should let his feet do the talking. At the moment his feet aren't doing much shouting and early signs are that he believes his own hype. He's already being played on the wing as opposed to his preferred centre-forward. He'll play regularly next season as a wide midfielder/winger, chipping in with 5/6 goals whilst looking like one of our better players but he appears to be destined for a career in lower league football unless he gets lucky. I reckon he'll be playing in the French 2nd div in 3 years .... wondering why N'Dong can't pass the ball to him.

I hope you're right. If the club ends up paying the full reported fee it will be a joke.
I hope we do have to pay the full reported fee. The Qualification for Europe bit won’t be through a cup, it never is.

Reactions: WHD
As has been stated already on this thread, we didn't pay anywhere near the figure for Ndong that was touted in the media so the combined total we payed for the pair of them is actually closer to £14m.

Rodwell's contract has the same relegation wage reduction as everyone else in the squad but his had a 1 year delay on it, so the combined wages we would pay to the pair next year would be likely around 60k per week in my estimations.

They're still ludicrous figures for League 1, but nowhere near as bad as the ones you quoted.
Touted by the club you mean.

I hope we do have to pay the full reported fee. The Qualification for Europe bit won’t be through a cup, it never is.
Suppose it could be. Once qualified it could depend on appearance in that competition. Knowing us though, we just wouldn't bother playing him to save the payment.

Suppose it could be. Once qualified it could depend on appearance in that competition. Knowing us though, we just wouldn't bother playing him to save the payment.
Wouldn’t work.
Big fee when winning PL.
Smaller for CL qualification through league.
Smaller still for EL qualification through league.
Nowt for winning a cup is the norm.
If we sold him the summer after we’d still have to pay. Even if he’d not played that season he’s still at the club. Not sure what’d happen if he was out on loan though I’d imagine his original club would still insist on having no escape clauses.

From press interviews (last summer ?) he appears to have a high opinion of his own abilities, whilst that's not a bad thing he should let his feet do the talking. At the moment his feet aren't doing much shouting and early signs are that he believes his own hype. He's already being played on the wing as opposed to his preferred centre-forward. He'll play regularly next season as a wide midfielder/winger, chipping in with 5/6 goals whilst looking like one of our better players but he appears to be destined for a career in lower league football unless he gets lucky. I reckon he'll be playing in the French 2nd div in 3 years .... wondering why N'Dong can't pass the ball to him.
I don't think he'll be here next season.

Ndong's one player I just can't understand. How can a manager (Moyes) who wasn't backed at all in the transfer market by the owner, break the clubs transfer record for a player who is worth fuck all?

It's almost like Moyes and his media mates were lying about him not being backed and Moyes was a clueless wanker who signed absolute shite.
Exactly Honest Dave blew the best part of 30million on shite.

What can we do with him in the summer?

Absolute non starter the move to watford and will have further installments due on his fee coming up.

Another destined to be loaned out and subsidised until he walks away for nothing.
I'd be surprised if he can even do that.

Absolute non starter the move to watford and will have further installments due on his fee coming up.

Another destined to be loaned out and subsidised until he walks away for nothing.
Sadly yes or for a fraction of what we paid for him.

Allardyce had already lined up ndong and pappy maybe we had deals in principle already agreed
Probably would of got more out of them.

A late loan out, no fear

Keep saying it but it wasn't purely a Moyes signing. Fuck me, the bloke didn't exactly have a contacts book, all he thought of signing were blokes he used to know from previous jobs. We were linked with Ndong under Allardyce. We're mentioned with an interest in signing him in this lequipe article from a month before Moyes even joined {{pageSmoTitle}}

Now, he did sign off on it, so he isn't getting away blameless, but he mentioned being misled over availability of funds, he probably didn't realise that this and djilibodji (who had also previously been linked, although I accept this story mentions a link too the daily mail Reports: Sunderland to make January move for Chelsea outcast Djilobodji) would be the vast, vast majority of what he'd be allowed to spend. Take the fees for those two, who I'm sure were already on the radar, and he got nowt to spend, even when we were in touching distance in January
Sorry mate, but if what you say is true about these being Allardyce targets, it makes the way Moyes managed us look even worse imo.

What was he doing wasting a good amount of money on players he either didn't know or had no idea how to fit them in to our team? Was it so he didn't have to take responsibility if it went wrong by creating a convenient excuse? Tbh, the way he acted here it wouldn't be a massive surprise to me.

One thing we do know that at least if Allardyce had signed the same players he would of had a plan of how they were going to be used.

I don't think he will be here next season but if he is and whoever is managing us can get his head right (big if), he should be very good in the third tier.

Sorry mate, but if what you say is true about these being Allardyce targets, it makes the way Moyes managed us look even worse imo.

What was he doing wasting a good amount of money on players he either didn't know or had no idea how to fit them in to our team? Was it so he didn't have to take responsibility if it went wrong by creating a convenient excuse? Tbh, the way he acted here it wouldn't be a massive surprise to me.

One thing we do know that at least if Allardyce had signed the same players he would of had a plan of how they were going to be used.

I don't think he will be here next season but if he is and whoever is managing us can get his head right (big if), he should be very good in the third tier.

I absolutely agree. I don't think it excuses Moyes unless the deals were already agreed (which I doubt they were as ndong wasn't an early signing). He shouldn't have signed off on them if he wasn't sure. That being said, they account for about £20m of the often mentioned £30m he spent, not sure he would have agreed if he knew how little extra money would be forthcoming. We needed numbers in and some prescouted players, targeted by a man who most praise for his transfer dealings probably seemed sensible until the funding was cut. Plus, god knows how much they actually cost, no doubt they were low initial prices with add-ons, maybe he thought the initial outlay was worth the risk.

He was still shit mind, but he had us in touch at the start of the January window and instead of being backed we made a profit, at that point it was always likely to fail

I absolutely agree. I don't think it excuses Moyes unless the deals were already agreed (which I doubt they were as ndong wasn't an early signing). He shouldn't have signed off on them if he wasn't sure. That being said, they account for about £20m of the often mentioned £30m he spent, not sure he would have agreed if he knew how little extra money would be forthcoming. We needed numbers in and some prescouted players, targeted by a man who most praise for his transfer dealings probably seemed sensible until the funding was cut. Plus, god knows how much they actually cost, no doubt they were low initial prices with add-ons, maybe he thought the initial outlay was worth the risk.

He was still shit mind, but he had us in touch at the start of the January window and instead of being backed we made a profit, at that point it was always likely to fail
I agree mate. As in it took up most of his budget so why the hell sign off on them?

Utter madness from Moyes or unbelievable weakness if he was pushed or persuaded in to making signings he didn't want.

Looking back whatever the truth is it was a total shambles from top to bottom.

Keep saying it but it wasn't purely a Moyes signing. Fuck me, the bloke didn't exactly have a contacts book, all he thought of signing were blokes he used to know from previous jobs. We were linked with Ndong under Allardyce. We're mentioned with an interest in signing him in this lequipe article from a month before Moyes even joined {{pageSmoTitle}}

Now, he did sign off on it, so he isn't getting away blameless, but he mentioned being misled over availability of funds, he probably didn't realise that this and djilibodji (who had also previously been linked, although I accept this story mentions a link too the daily mail Reports: Sunderland to make January move for Chelsea outcast Djilobodji) would be the vast, vast majority of what he'd be allowed to spend. Take the fees for those two, who I'm sure were already on the radar, and he got nowt to spend, even when we were in touching distance in January

Good post. The club were looking to exploit the French market after the success that we'd had in the January. Papy had only recently left Nantes and Ndong was at Lorient

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back