NASA 'unable to stop' enormous asteroid Bennu which could hit Earth in 2135

Does it? Against an old dictator at the end of his life who couldn't give a fuck about anything? Or a religious madman I. Charge of a country who thinks he and his people will be rewarded for blowing everybody up?
You do know what trident is,right?

I fully expect you to Google it now.
I'll expect a reply in 15mins when you've researched it more.

Typical. Jack Rodwell’s contract will finally expire and we’ll all die anyway

You do know what trident is,right?

I fully expect you to Google it now.
I'll expect a reply in 15mins when you've researched it more.

Yes, I have read a lot about Trident. Are you going to answer how it protects us against a mad dictator who has reached the end of his life and doesn't give a fuck about anything? Or a crazy religious leader who has nukes and believes using them will give him favour with the god he believes in?

I'll give you a clue to help. You can't protect against such things. All our nuclear weapons do is guarantee more deaths and suffering.

I'd far rather the money was spent on Health and Education.

Yes, I have read a lot about Trident. Are you going to answer how it protects us against a mad dictator who has reached the end of his life and doesn't give a fuck about anything? Or a crazy religious leader who has nukes and believes using them will give him favour with the god he believes in?

I'll give you a clue to help. You can't protect against such things. All our nuclear weapons do is guarantee more deaths and suffering.

Let's leave our country defenseless then.
Class idea

I doubt if Putin can aim and launch the missiles himself, just the same as Trump can’t, he can only authorise the launch. If he literally goes nuts, there is the safe guard that the military leaders will (hopefully) recognise that, refuse to launch and stage a coup. Two reasons would be not wanting to kill lots of innocents for no good reason and the second to not have millions of Russians dead in the return fire.

If the country attacked can not return fire, then one reason goes away. That is worrying and why we sadly need a nuclear defence.

As you said a religious leader with followers who believe if they die in the return fire, think they will be greatly rewarded, is far more of a worry. A terrorist organsiation will not likely have the procedural and moral safeguards that a large government has. On the other side, they are far less likely to have enough missiles to actually hit a target half the world away either.

Back