My lovely loony-tune ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the story goes....

Me and my ex were together 2007-2013. She was a dog breeder and in the time that I knew her, didn't pay a single penny in income tax. We lived together for the last 3 of those years but were never married and she lived in my house where I paid all bills and she gave me a few quid. Anyway, fast forward to now.... I get a lovely email from her, basically she's been done for tax evasion and has a hefty bill to pay, which strangely she thinks I'm also liable for. In my time with her, I had a normal job paying normal taxes, what she did was her business as far as I'm concerned. So is it me, or is she f***ing crackers ???
Was your name on the dog breeding business? If not, you're in the clear. If you were part of it, then you're probably liable.

Was your name on the dog breeding business? If not, you're in the clear. If you were part of it, then you're probably liable.

Shirley this - if she paid you bills for living there and you had no other links to her financial affairs, it has nowt to do with you. If you were linked to her activities like listed as a director of the business or received money/was active in it in some way, you have a problem. DISCLAIMER - this is not expert tax advice, but then this is the SMB so, you know

Shirley this - if she paid you bills for living there and you had no other links to her financial affairs, it has nowt to do with you. If you were linked to her activities like listed as a director of the business or received money/was active in it in some way, you have a problem. DISCLAIMER - this is not expert tax advice, but then this is the SMB so, you know

Reading citizens advice, id say the above will be pretty much the case
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/f...ving-together-and-marriage-legal-differences/

Yes, i should have added that disclaimer to my post too :lol::lol:

Was she one of those hard working non taxpayers, everyone wishes to aspire to be?

I think she should just sling the letter as the slack will be taken up by the disabled blood sucking leeches that populate the country these days
I had the same problem with my Juice Plus business. In one year I made over £750k whilst working from home, looking after the kids and being a mumtreupeneur in my spare time (which is never, ammiright girls?). Inbox me for your starter plan hun.

Tell her if she thinks you will help her out, she's barking up the wrong tree.

Living together is common law wife even if not married.. Yeah, your fucked. How much do you owe or are you just going to take the hit and go to jail for a few years?
This is a very common misconception.

At least in America 'common law' means 'you hold yourselves out to be married' e.g. Refer to yourselves as married, Mr and Mrs Mackem, etc stemming from the days when a priest or judge weren't always around for 'official' ceremonies. You can live with a bewer for decades but unless you hold yourselves out to be married she has no legal rights to those of a married woman.
Ask Lee Marvin. Their lass lived with him for years and when he dumped her she wanted 'palimony' which he denied her and he won in court when she sued him.

Sounds like she's got the wrong end of the stick and bitten off more than she can chew. Tell her she can go walkies and she'll soon be back with her tail between her legs.

Unless you're listed as a director or co-owner, her tax bill is not your problem.

However, where she may be able to obtain money from you is the three years you lived as common law husband and wife. She could argue assets outside the business are joint property and this may also apply to debts.

If she makes this claim, you might have to pay a portion of her personal debts as a common law debt. However, I would seek legal advice on this and not rely on the advice of random people on an internet forum.

I would look also at the amount she's claiming and compare with legal costs contesting her claim. You might have the legal arguments on your side, but legal costs may outweigh the claim she's making and it might be cheaper to write her a cheque to settle.

Last edited:
Omg just tell her to fuck off. Don't be drawn in by the woman in distress shit. It's all a ruse.
Are you Heeeedtheball's partner? 70's page 3 lol, only jk I know you knot.

Any normal person moving into another persins gaff would insist on
farting outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back