My iPhones buggered

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

the off switch doesn’t work

When I turn it off via settings it keeps turning itself on and off

It tries to switch itself off at random times

Cos the off switch doesn’t work I can’t do a screen shot - I do that a lot for recording purposes.

It might be something to do with dropping it in the toilet. I rescued it very very quickly ... but obviously not quickly enough.

It’s in a bag of rice at the moment. Switching itself on and off.

Any suggestions if the rice doesn’t work

Apart from format the fucker.
There’s a setting where you can have the on/off button on the screen mate and you can screen shot from it. It’s in the accessibility settings.

There’s a setting where you can have the on/off button on the screen mate and you can screen shot from it. It’s in the accessibility settings.

It’s out of the rice bag now. Works fine. And the on off switch is functioning normally

However. It keeps displaying the ringer tone and amending the volume. The buttons on the other side of the phone are buggered now.

Oh well.

It’s out of the rice bag now. Works fine. And the on off switch is functioning normally

However. It keeps displaying the ringer tone and amending the volume. The buttons on the other side of the phone are buggered now.

Oh well.
I’m sure the accessibility feature turns off all buttons and you control them from your screen. I will see if I can find link.

Oh well.
How to power off or lock the screen of an iPhone with a broken power button

Oh well.

Compressed air with the phone off to see if it blows the remnants of water away?

I’m sure the accessibility feature turns off all buttons and you control them from your screen. I will see if I can find link.

How to power off or lock the screen of an iPhone with a broken power button

Thanks mate. I’ve accessed that and although I thought the button was working it seems to be knackered again so this will help. TA!

He irritating intermittent volume up, down, off thing is obviously another button glitch.

I’ll visit an Apple shop to see if repair is possible and then feign ignorance about how it happened. Might be still under warranty:)

Compressed air with the phone off to see if it blows the remnants of water away?

Hmmm. I think the waters gone but the damage done. (A lesser known Neil Young song)

I’ll try the hoover on it.

Thanks mate. I’ve accessed that and although I thought the button was working it seems to be knackered again so this will help. TA!

He irritating intermittent volume up, down, off thing is obviously another button glitch.

I’ll visit an Apple shop to see if repair is possible and then feign ignorance about how it happened. Might be still under warranty:)

Hmmm. I think the waters gone but the damage done. (A lesser known Neil Young song)

I’ll try the hoover on it.
I like it, has a feel of horse with no name to it.

That would have been the other suggestion, just stick it in the pipe and leave it for a few minutes if there's any dust/water left inside you need a new hoover :lol:

Back