Muslims threaten teacher over LGBT school lessons...

Head teacher threatened over LGBT lessons

it escalated today with muslim families withdrawing their children (as young as 4) from school over the curriculum resulting in the school gates being put under police protection in case families were met with escalating protests upon arrival for the start of the school day.

Good. I hope it does escalate. People have got to learn that shouting and stamping their feet does not override legal requirements in this country. That behaving worse than the children they take out of school won't do them any favours. Enforce the exclusion zones around schools to prevent the school day from being disrupted.

MP Jess Phillips was spot on confronting the protesters this morning...'I don't agree with the protests...I don't agree that you get to pick the equality laws that you can and can't have.'

This one is difficult.
No it isn't.

Good. I hope it does escalate. People have got to learn that shouting and stamping their feet does not override legal requirements in this country. That behaving worse than the children they take out of school won't do them any favours. Enforce the exclusion zones around schools to prevent the school day from being disrupted.

MP Jess Phillips was spot on confronting the protesters this morning...'I don't agree with the protests...I don't agree that you get to pick the equality laws that you can and can't have.'

No it isn't.

it would be the protesters (who are unhappy with what is being taught) that would escalate. That's not a good thing surely?

This one is difficult.

;)

it would be the protesters (who are unhappy with what is being taught) that would escalate. That's not a good thing surely?
It is if it forces the issue onto the national stage. The Dept. Education cannot give any quarter on this issue.

Move the protesters away from the school. If parents remove their children from school then appropriate action should be taken. If the protests escalate then the country should meet that escalation head on.

Happened to my nephew and niece when they went to a mixed denominational school a few miles from Killinchy. Arelene Foster and her rancid mob were protesting at the gates as we walked about about Catholics and Republicans ruining the education system by not going to a Catholic school.

The people protesting now ought to get what those DUP arseholes got once all the kids were in school. Being told to fuck off or they will have to protest from a hospital bed.

It is if it forces the issue onto the national stage. The Dept. Education cannot give any quarter on this issue.

Move the protesters away from the school. If parents remove their children from school then appropriate action should be taken. If the protests escalate then the country should meet that escalation head on.

but an escalation can't be good for the young ones who are being met with that nonsense at the school gate?

I'm completely siding with the school (and the MP) on this btw so I can kinda see your point. Needs to get worse before folk act and it gets better so to speak.

Happened to my nephew and niece when they went to a mixed denominational school a few miles from Killinchy. Arelene Foster and her rancid mob were protesting at the gates as we walked about about Catholics and Republicans ruining the education system by not going to a Catholic school.

The people protesting now ought to get what those DUP arseholes got once all the kids were in school. Being told to fuck off or they will have to protest from a hospital bed.

segregated schooling in Scotland is a massive, massive problem.

but an escalation can't be good for the young ones who are being met with that nonsense at the school gate?

I'm completely siding with the school (and the MP) on this btw so I can kinda see your point. Needs to get worse before folk act and it gets better so to speak.
That's what I mean. The children will benefit in the long run as will the country.

The protests have already begun to spread further afield, this is already becoming a pretty big issue and it needs to be a red line. A strong message needs to be sent at the source that the protesters aren't going to get their way.

Damian Hinds should really be preparing a statement right now.

Last edited:

Back