Muscle definition

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scott1CG

How quick/long did it take any of you to see the differences in your arms/legs, etc, when doing weights?

Been off the weights for a few weeks but starting again tomorrow, well, it's a multi gym, not free weights or anything.

Will most likely do 15 reps 2/3 sets on each one.

Definition is just a some muscle gain with low body fat. It really depends on what your starting position is.

How quick/long did it take any of you to see the differences in your arms/legs, etc, when doing weights?

Been off the weights for a few weeks but starting again tomorrow, well, it's a multi gym, not free weights or anything.

Will most likely do 15 reps 2/3 sets on each one.

Probalys lifting too light mate, if you want to build mass do heavy weights low reps.

Lifting a weight 45 times obviously shows youre lifting too light, try a heavier weight with 3 reps of 5

Banks said:
Probalys lifting too light mate, if you want to build mass do heavy weights low reps.

Lifting a weight 45 times obviously shows youre lifting too light, try a heavier weight with 3 reps of 5

Heavier weights lead to increased strength with a by product of increased size. Lower weights more reps is actually better for hypertrophy.

Heavier weights lead to increased strength with a by product of increased size. Lower weights more reps is actually better for hypertrophy.

If hes been on weights before hes not an absolute beginner. Id definelty try heavier weights as Ive seen people get bigger quicker doing heavy weights/low reps.

Depends how serious you want to take it I suppose, for your casual gym goer id say the long term route isnt realy the option they should take.

Banks said:
If hes been on weights before hes not an absolute beginner. Id definelty try heavier weights as Ive seen people get bigger quicker doing heavy weights/low reps.

Depends how serious you want to take it I suppose, for your casual gym goer id say the long term route isnt realy the option they should take.

I'd say a mixture of the two if he sticks to any decent programme and is new to lifting weights he will see results fairly quickly.

I'll try this.

I usually start off on a medium weight, then increase it but lowering the reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back