Multiple people quitting

Makes a nice change from the days when people wouldn’t quit jobs for fear that they wouldn’t get another one.
Seems like it’s an employees market - good to see.
But but we've got to many immigrants taking all our jobs, there's nee jobs for us British. Lock the borders up were full.

Have you ever worked somewhere that has had multiple people quit around the same time?

My place had 12 people only 2 weeks ago, we’re currently down to 5 and we think another is putting his notice in when he comes back on shift on Sunday.

Just to clear it up a little, a new boss started a month ago and changed a few things.

I just noticed who the OP of this is... .

I'd give more credence to the video of alien bodies being genuine and Donald Trump genuinely having a full head of hair than pretty much anything he says

It's Jackanory time when he posts....... 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Have you ever worked somewhere that has had multiple people quit around the same time?

My place had 12 people only 2 weeks ago, we’re currently down to 5 and we think another is putting his notice in when he comes back on shift on Sunday.

Just to clear it up a little, a new boss started a month ago and changed a few things.

BO is never nice , no wonder they’ve quit.

But but we've got to many immigrants taking all our jobs, there's nee jobs for us British. Lock the borders up were full.
Well, the OP is based in Canada, I believe?

I'm sure he can get you a job as his company is quite a few folk down currently - ( always assuming it doesn't involve spelling and grammar in your case ) and you can be regarded as an immigrant in 'their' country.

Unless, of course you just like voicing your xenophobic views ?

Last edited:
Well, the OP is based in Canada, I believe?

I'm sure he can get you a job as his company is quite a few folk down currently - ( always assuming it doesn't involve spelling and grammar in your case ) and you can be regarded as an immigrant in 'their' country.

Unless, of course you just like being a xenophobe ?
I'm being sarcastic mate haha it's the normal little Englanders excuse for everything.

Quite common when jobs are plentiful, as they are at present.
This.
We have 300 Pipefitters, or had. Lost 100 in a day last month. All went to a project a mile down the road. $1ph extra.
Texas has loads of Gas projects on the go. Staff turnover is massive.

I remember at Npower years ago there was a team that had six lads on it. The manager who ran it moved to another department and a total Cliterati misandrist took over. Within six months the six lads on the team had been replaced by seven women. She went out of her way to make people’s lives a living hell from what I heard.

Used to see her arguing with herself in corridors and screaming abuse at people across the office. Always wondered what happened to her.

I used to work in a place like that.
A mad screaming woman in her 50s used to run a team near my department.
She would constantly belittle and yell at the lads on her team, such as "Well it better be f****** done by f****** 5 oclock or you f***ers will f****** have to find yourselves new f****** jobs.

The team was made up of about 10 lads, about half of them left/transferred so she recruited about 7 lasses.
3 quit during training and the remaining 4 divided themselves onto 2 groups, smokers and non smokers and basically constantly bitched about the other 2.
Within a year they'd all left, the boss woman got a job elsewhere. It was a complete mess.

Changed a lot if 12 people have quit like.

I'm in a similar situation but quitting isn't even an option. They can pay me off if they want. I

Changed a lot if 12 people have quit like.

I'm in a similar situation but quitting isn't even an option. They can pay me off if they want. I
I can’t quit but I’ll happily walk out the door if fired

Another quit today. I’m six weeks in and I’m now the second longest serving member of the team

Chinese boss? They are bloody dreadful and like something from a 100 years ago IM THE BOSS IM THE BOSS, YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I WANT! etc etc

10 staff have left my place since this total battle-axe arrived 6 months ago, "reform" she called it apparently.
its becoming easier to get work these days.

Total employees market.
It is? In the UK I mean.

Last edited:
Chinese boss? They are bloody dreadful and like something from a 100 years ago IM THE BOSS IM THE BOSS, YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT I WANT! etc etc

10 staff have left my place since this total battle-axe arrived 6 months ago, "reform" she called it apparently.

It is? In the UK I mean.
I had a Scottish boss like that. “I practically own you.nWhat I ask you to do, you do. If I call you at the weekend wanting you to come to work then you come to work. If I tell you to wash my car when you get here, you wash my car. Got it?”.

I just said to him very politely that it was not correct, that car washing did not really fall within reasonable duties, so I wouldn’t, but I’d be happy to go with him and discuss it with HR.

I hated that job and the boss, He wanted to run the place like an old style in charge of everything but he was essentially a team leader in a large organisation. He had rules to follow and I liked to remind him of that.

Update: We had another lad leave 2 weeks ago.

We hired 4 more this week. 1 already quit this morning.

I can’t take it anymore. Once my end of year bonus clears I’m quitting too.

The boss knows he’s struggling and is using everyone as the reason why. He wrote a lad up for not catching a mistake he himself made.

Last edited:

Back