Mr. Robot

Wild Card

Winger
Was discussing TV series at work and the people I sit near had heard of the likes of sopranos and breaking bad etc and they were on their watch list. Although a lot had not watched them yet.

Literally nobody had heard of Mr robot.

I personally think it's one of the best things I have ever watched (obviously everyone likes different things) but despite being dramatised and heavily centred around a sick introvert, it said a lot about the state of the world. Companies too big and too powerful where consequences don't matter for them, no matter how much damage they do. A withdrawn society, self medicating in the capitalist matrix by making them feel better buying trinkets and baubles to keep them working. A network of Uber rich that protect each other and make sure the money keeps churning and their abject panic if things like debt went belly up.

Its made me want to watch it again but I was surprised how it's fell into complete obscurity when other titles have lingered around.

Anyone else a fan?

I must admit it lost me after a while. I haven't got the greatest attention span at times and I think it's one you need to pay really close attention to.

Never heard of it. It does not sound much fun mind.

Try Alan and Amandas Italian adventure

You should give it a go if you ever need a new series. Obviously it's less bleak than what I have said and more fun. My comments were more about the undertones of the series. Really well acted my the main person.

One of the reasons I hardly watch tv is I feel I've heard and seen all these themes before, just told by fresher faces with different buzzwords to describe things that have never really changed.

Was discussing TV series at work and the people I sit near had heard of the likes of sopranos and breaking bad etc and they were on their watch list. Although a lot had not watched them yet.

Literally nobody had heard of Mr robot.

I personally think it's one of the best things I have ever watched (obviously everyone likes different things) but despite being dramatised and heavily centred around a sick introvert, it said a lot about the state of the world. Companies too big and too powerful where consequences don't matter for them, no matter how much damage they do. A withdrawn society, self medicating in the capitalist matrix by making them feel better buying trinkets and baubles to keep them working. A network of Uber rich that protect each other and make sure the money keeps churning and their abject panic if things like debt went belly up.

Its made me want to watch it again but I was surprised how it's fell into complete obscurity when other titles have lingered around.

Anyone else a fan?
Superb TV show, one of the more ambitious and out there of recent years. Wasn't always perfect, but gets a bit of a pass because it was aiming so high.

Doubt I've ever felt as tense as the seen in the final series where Dominique is held at gunpoint by that wife. The sheer relief/fist-pumping when you realise what she'd figured out is amazing.

Also, thought the way they killed off Angela was incredible, first acene of a new series, straight into the scene merging directly from a previously so you don't even realise you're watching the new series. Proper shock to the system type move.

Also the one shot episode in (I think) series 3 was amazing. And Bobby Cannavales bad guy *chefs kiss*

Fuck man, it was so good.
It was think it moved to prime. Might actually be free on itv? Not sure how reliable chrome is for these where can I watch type searches?
Aye it's on ITVX - there's an app called JustWatch which tells you what streaming service any film/TV show is on. Saves you fannying about with Google, as I agree it isn't always super reliable.

Last edited:
I loved this first time around, think I might have to re-watch it. I remember reading that they employed hackers as technical advisors so that all the coding etc. they showed was pretty realistic.

Enjoyed it but got to a point where it felt like they didn’t know what to do, which is odd as Sam Esmail was meant to have had the story planned from the start.

Back