Moyes' West Ham - new contract

He’s done a very decent job there to be fair

He was absolutely shite for us, gave up after 1 match, despite not being backed
He did. I do think however he was given false promises by Short about transfer fees and he inherited a squad that was not fit for purpose.

Defoe was another year older, Khazri turned up for pre-season about 5 stone overweight and Kone spat his dummy out when denied a move to Everton.

Short said that Moyes had been his number one managerial target for years so it was strange that he never backed him. Then again nothing surprises me with Ellis Short who was absolutely clueless.

He’s not a striker and much better wide right. His value hasn’t increased because he’s played a few games as a striker this season. Moyes has struggled to sign a decent striker his whole career
So has speakman
He’s done a very decent job there to be fair

He was absolutely shite for us, gave up after 1 match, despite not being backed
Not backed he wasted £13 million on n dong & helping his ex Everton marras out

Last edited:
Moyes took the brunt of the anger.
It was strange that the club were completely finished. Short had given up his investment and whether you like his interview or not after that game we all knew after watching it we were in trouble.

Moyes maybe boring play rubbish football but he is a great manager.
After his sacking we didn't have a reputable manager in place until potentially NEIL and that will also upset some but it's true.

Under moyes current west ham contract-he has the pwoer of veto on signings suggested by the DOF..

Under the new one he has been offered-that is gone and the DOF has full control of signings..
Is this just another way of you trying to defend Speakman and his role ?? If not I don’t see the point of your post !!!!!
Not sure why you are bringing Speakman into it but he’s only been in the job a few years. Moyes has been in management since the late 90s
He’s bringing Speakman into it as the last 2 transfer windows under him have been utter garbage!!!

Last edited:
Is this just another way of you trying to defend Speakman and his role ?? If not I don’t see the point of your post !!!!!

He’s bringing Speakman into it as the last 2 transfer windows under him have been utter garbage!!!
its not about defending speakman the individual..his position is not tenable and hasnt been for A WHILE..

it is about saying that the model at SAFC is much more tsandard issue than some on here think...and can be applied by sucessful teams

Back