Moyes' West Ham - new contract

its not about defending speakman the individual..his position is not tenable and hasnt been for A WHILE..

it is about saying that the model at SAFC is much more tsandard issue than some on here think...and can be applied by sucessful teams
The success that West Ham have had has been when the manager could veto any signing he didn’t like. They haven’t imposed the SAFC model yet.

The success that West Ham have had has been when the manager could veto any signing he didn’t like. They haven’t imposed the SAFC model yet.
absolutely correct...my point is west ham are moving towards a model that is successful for others...
otiose
/ˈəʊtɪəʊs,ˈəʊʃɪəʊs/
adjective

1. 1.
    serving no practical purpose or result.
    "there were occasions when I felt my efforts were rather otiose"

Couple weeks in said he regretted taking the job

Still didnt quit the wanker
Did he? Or did he say we'd be in a relegation battle?
I might be in a minority of 1 here but I personally don't hold him responsible for our relegation, it had been on the cards for years. I think if Short hadn't have lost interest and had given him the opportunity and backing to rebuild the squad - from the Championship - as he wanted at the time, then League One would never have happened and we'd probably be a solid Premier League team right now.

Last edited:
Did he? Or did he say we'd be in a relegation battle?

I might be in a minority of 1 here but I personally don't hold him responsible for our relegation, it had been on the cards for years. I think if Short hadn't have lost interest and had given him the opportunity and backing to rebuild the squad - from the Championship - as he wanted at the time, then League One would never have happened and we'd probably be a solid Premier League team right now.

It was probably both. Moyes had recent failures at Man Utd and Socieadad on his CV and if he was looking for a job to re establish his managerial CV then SAFC was never going to be easy- any half decent research prior to accepting the job would have revealed that.

The thing that angers and annoys me to this day about the Moyes era was that upon realising the magnitude of the job he didn’t either;

A) Resign and say he’d been misled about the working conditions or
B) Do everything in his powers to engender a fighting spirit in the club and scrap for every point.

He appeared to do neither and just tacitly accept relegation while all the time cosying up to media friends who encouraged the narrative that the job was really below an ex Man Utd manager and we were lucky to have him.

You doing something similar at Charlton?
Methven isnt a director or major shareholder at charlton.
They do employ a DOF though-because almost every club does now...
no it hasn't. he's played over 20 games through the middle and scored 9. played 15 out wide and scored 9. only scored in one of his last 9 through the middle
so why has he moved from being a one in three player to a one in two pleyer? When that happens there has to be a catalsyst...what is it?

Last edited:
so why has he moved from being a one in three player to a one in two pleyer? When that happens there has to be a catalsyst...what is it?

could be that’s he’s just improved as a player and become more clinical. Having the likes of kudus could also help as he’s another threat the opposition need to worry about

Another good result I see. Got them as high as they can ever realistically expect or hope for. Best of the rest outside the top six.

Behaves like a complete bellend on the touchline, constantly f-ing and blinding at the officials.

Gollum vitamin D deficient ****

Back