Moving To The USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been knocked back for a B2 visa because I have had 2 alcohol related arrests in 2 year, even though I haven't been charged with anything. The woman who seen me in the embassy was a total cow.

Makes me laugh because last year Joey Barton got a non immigrant visa to travel to Las Vegas yet he has been to jail and assaulted people countless times.

I went across on a student job visa where you're allowed to stay and work for 6 months, I came back but a lad who I worked with out there got offered a job and is still there over a year later. Just need to get your foot in the door.

I went across on a student job visa where you're allowed to stay and work for 6 months, I came back but a lad who I worked with out there got offered a job and is still there over a year later. Just need to get your foot in the door.

This is it. It's the Land of Can Do once you're here... But only if you can get in in the first place.

NYC taxis, although it costs the drivers three figures a shift to even rent the cab.

At $15 for a 10 minute journey and the fact you often can't get a cab for love nor money in NY them I'm sure it doesn't take them long to cover the cab rent.

I've had two H1 visas and both took over 2 years to get.

Anyone got any experience with moving over there after marrying a US citizen, how difficult is it and what is the time frame for getting a visa/green card?

after marrying a US citizen is easier than before.
I entered the country on a Visa Waiver and then applied for a change of status once I was here.

Anyone got any experience with moving over there after marrying a US citizen, how difficult is it and what is the time frame for getting a visa/green card?

I moved here in 2005 on a green card after getting married in October 2004, took about a year (would have been quicker but we applied for a visa first, then changed to the green card) it was a pretty easy procedure, just a bit of waiting for homeland security to get things rolling along.

As Crammers said you can do it with the visa waiver but if anything goes wrong or you get an arse in immigration then you could be in trouble....

after marrying a US citizen is easier than before.
I entered the country on a Visa Waiver and then applied for a change of status once I was here.

Can you do that, I thought you could only enter on VWP then get married (without intending to get married). I thought if you entered on VWP after being married, then applied to stay, they'd say you had no intention of leaving in the first place?

I'm just waiting for them to become desperate for people doing my job.

Then I'm buying an assault rifle for under the bed.

Just become a successful musician, actor or journalist over here first then it'll be piss easy. Just don't get arrested for drugs on your journey to music stardom or you'll be fucked.

Otherwise sod the US & go for Canada, Toronto is pretty much the fastest growing city in N.America & Vancouver the same for the west coast & a hell of a lot easier to get into than the US. Then once youre there you can visit the US as much as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back